Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
Lead Grants Manager - Nigeria WATIH
- Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently seeking applications from qualified Grants Managers to provide leadership and support to a $86-96 million, USAID-funded Trade and Investment Hub Activity in West Africa.
- The purpose of the Activity is to improve the competitiveness of West African farmers and firms. This will be accomplished by increasing productivity, market participation, investment and adoption of improved technologies.
- USAID defines agriculture competitiveness as the ability of a farm, firm, sector, or country to sell and provide goods and services in a given market – in relation to the ability and performance of other farms, firms, sectors or countries in the same market
Position Description/ Responsibilities
- The Lead Grants Manager will advise and assist in the design, development, and oversight of grants management policies, procedures, and practices.
- S/he will provide policy guidance and interpretation for staff as well as grantees, and analyze and evaluate grant applications, proposals, and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies.
- S/he will also ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for grants and views and analyzes budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
- S/he will backstop and reinforce the other long and short-term specialists; ensure that synergies among Activity elements and grantees are capitalized upon; ensure that the Activity focus remains on achieving results; and manage an effective monitoring and reporting system with the M&E specialist.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or other relevant field and an internationally recognized accounting certification;
- At least five years’ experience in grants management, procurement, and compliance, with experience managing USAID-funded grants programs strongly desired;
- Experience managing large, complex grant programs;
- Experience working with first-time grantees and designing and leading training activities on the application process and the fiduciary and regulatory responsibilities of awardees;
- Prior experience conducting pre-award assessments of organizations and ability to identify capacity building opportunities and risk-mitigation strategies during grant implementation;
- Experience managing a team of accounts and finance administrators and provide or recommend additional training required;
- Ability to assess whether grantees provide appropriate leverage, including own resources and capital, outside equity, and lines of credit;
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and finance teams in the design, implementation, oversight and closeout of individual grants;
- Experience working in a similar position for a, contractor, NGO or an international organization is preferred;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues;
- Previous experience working in West Africa;
- Strong commitment to transparency and compliance and rigorous attention to detail;
- Proficiency in French and English.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
- Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
- Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.