Senior Reservoir Geophysicist at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
Posted on: 11 December, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
Senior Reservoir Geophysicist
Req ID: Req-1458
- The Service holder will carry out all the duties of the Senior Reservoir
- Geophysicist for the Preowei development at the current stage, and more specifically;
- QC of geophysical input data used for interpretation studies
- Ensure a thorough analysis, interpretation and synthesis of geophysical data of Preowei
- Interpretation and integration of results obtained from seismic inversion
- Contribute to geological reservoir model building in collaboration with geologists, reservoir engineers and specialists
- Make sure that all the uncertainties related to geophysics are well taken into consideration
- Participate actively in the well target definition, location and design, including well data acquisition programs
- Propose, if relevant, new processings, inversions, seismic acquisitions
- Participate in the design of a new 3D seismic acquisition campaign if deemed necessary, and for the processing workflows to ensure that the operational team has the necessary input from the asset
- Assist the Manager in preparing the studies work program and planning
- Take responsibility of respecting studies planning and budget
- Ensure the continuity of information through reporting and archiving.Coordination of the local contributing entities (geosciences, drilling and project)
- Assist in preparing the technical documentation needed: FDP, meeting presentations, technical reports or memos
- Promote stakeholders’ alignment for rapid and smooth validation process.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Professional education (Diplomas): Education in geophysics (B.Sc, MSc or PhD)
- Minimum six years’ experience in reservoir interpretation geophysics with the last three in active interpretation role in a highly faulted environment; strong knowledge in clastics turbiditic geological setting and associated sedimentology, and Deep Water environment in general.
- Good communication skills as well as synthesis skills.
- Need to be fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Seismic Data Interpretation, Clastic Turbiditic Geological Setting and Associated Sedimentology.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Hobark International Limited (HIL) career website on jobs.cbizsoft.com to apply
- Know More About Hobark International Limited (HIL)Similar Jobs
- Mechanical Engineer at Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
- Electrical Engineer (Bidding/Tendering) at Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
- Site Agent at Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
- Asphalt Business Manager at Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
- Quarry Business Manager at Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
- Project Manager at Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
- Machine Operator at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Lead Production Engineer at ValueFronteira Limited