HSE Officer / Supervisor at ConnectRail Service Limited
Posted on: 22 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at ConnectRail Service Limited
Connectrail Services Limited is a rail haulage, infrastructure and logistics support firm created to champion the active utilization of existing and new rail infrastructure for the movement of products across Nigeria and West Africa by forming strategic alliances and working with the best professionals and technology in the industry.
HSE Officer / Supervisor
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the Company’s HSE-MS
- Create awareness amongst staff of HSE practices.
- Create safety awareness actions on site and enforce safety measures and guidelines.
- Conduct or co-ordinate HSE audits
- Conduct safety inductions for new employees, attachés, youth corps members and contractors on site.
- Plan, coordinate and implement effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure objectives are met.
- Provide support to Project and Operations teams in all aspects of safety occupational health safety and environmental issues.
- Ensure training, tool box meetings and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and HSE program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc,
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Provide support to Project and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Provide HSE compliance guidance on all sites or field work.
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
- Investigate all accidents, near-misses, fire outbreaks and write reports.
- Manage Safety Statistic reporting. Track and provide regular HSE performance reporting.
- Provide HSE aspects of Company Bid Submissions as requested.
- Assist in the development of project specific HSE procedures.
- Conduct or co-ordinate HSE training and orientation to all new employees.
- Attain and Maintain MSDS workplace files, site FTO, Safety permits & approvals and OSHA logs.
Qualifications & Skills
- First Degree in Engineering or any related Science or Environmental discipline
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the Marine or Oil and Gas industry
- Must have done relevant HSE trainings with certificates
- Display a high level of computer literacy; Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Access).
- Working knowledge of applicable Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
- Have 3 – 5 years minimum work experience
- Have excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Other Preferred Requirements:
- Member of an internationally recognized environmental/safety/health professional body (IOSH, NISP or equivalent)
- Minimum level 3 in NEBOSH
- Knowledgeable in ISO standards and HSE management systems.
- Familiar with international safety codes.
- Identification and risk assessment of Occupational Health and Safety accidents.
Good technical knowledge.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
- Recent Jobs from ConnectRail Service Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- PR, Media and Corporate Communications Executive at ConnectRail Service Limited
- Know More About ConnectRail Service LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Site Planner at International Organization for Migration - IOM
- Heating Ventilator & Air Conditioner Technician at Dangote
- Plumber at Dangote
- Industrial Electrician at Dangote
- Welder Technician at Dangote
- Mechanical Technician at Dangote
- Production Manager at Dangote
- Maintenance Manager at Dangote