Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and a European office in Brussels, Belgium, SFCG’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. SFCG seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 600 staff worldwide, SFCG implements projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States.
The organization is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff that is committed to its mission and values. You will be joining a highly motivated staff with a good team spirit and there will be opportunities to grow in the role.
Operations - Admin and Logistics Coordinator
Locations: Delta and (Maiduguri) Borno
- Search for Common Ground seeks an Administration and Logistics Coordinator who will report to the Admin and Procurement Coordinator. S/he will be responsible for the overall management and maintenance of a well-organized and professional environment at the field office.
- The Coordinator will ensure that the office is properly furnished and equipped and that all technology systems are properly functioning on an ongoing basis. Works closely with the project team to ensure appropriate infrastructure is in a place to support ongoing project operations.
- The position will be based either in Delta or Maiduguri . S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Admin and Procurement Manager. S/he will directly supervise the office assistants.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support Admin and Procurement Manager to develop and update administrative policies and guidelines;
- Supervise and oversee the admin and logistics team in various SFCG offices to ensure smooth functioning of office administration and logistics, including office running and maintenance;
- Support Admin and Procurement Manager to strengthen administrative systems - identifying gaps, weaknesses and issues and recommending and implementing solutions;
- Coordinate procurement process of goods and services, and ensure necessary documentation;
- Maintain and update vendor’s database for necessary goods and services;
- Monitor quality and control cost on various office supplies, stationary, hotel accommodation, transportations, and other equipment;
- Coordinate domestic and international travels and logistics arrangements for staff and partners (when required);
- Manage international visitors, ensure their logistics and brief them on security protocols;
- Coordinate expat visas and immigration responsibilities for expats and international visitors;
- Provide support to the Country Director to arrange and coordinate meetings with external stakeholders;
- Ensure SFCG vehicles are in proper working conditions, serviced regularly and performing efficiently;
- Develop and oversee workplace safety protocols, and ensure security of office building, premises, asset and equipment, including management oversight of security company in all SFCG field offices;
- Ensure that SFCG’s inventory list is updated on regular intervals;
- Keep updated records of administrative activities and organizational documents;
- Ensure auditability in terms of administrative compliance of the organization and its projects;
- Coordinate and ensure smooth running of IT systems and infrastructures, which support the connectivity needs of the organization;
- Put in place systems for data protection;
- Support in partners' assessment and capacity building in admin and logistics functions;
- Keep colleagues appraised of developments in own area as appropriate
- Contribute to staff meetings, and other internal meetings with appropriate content , views and suggestions
- Fulfil requirements of internal staff management processes including performance reviews, supervisory meetings, etc.
- Develop strong relationships with all SEARCH colleagues and partners to enhance their understanding of Admin and logistics and build their knowledge; in particular, develop strong relationships with non-admin and logistics staff in remote offices, who will be responsible for day-to-day financial reporting and accounting
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Bachelor's degree in supply management, public/business administration, management or other relevant field.
- Training or qualification in Procurement and logistics management is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 - 5 years relevant work experience within an NGO, of which 1-2 years should be working with EU and/or US government funds. Experience working within an international NGO is a strong advantage.
- Experience working with a portfolio of awards from multiple donors
- Experience preparing for internal audits
Other Relevant Requirements:
- Mastery of Excel is a must
- Demonstrated knowledge of office administrative procedures within EU and/or US government project office preferable
- Strong Professionalism in Logistics and supply chain management
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Excellent communication, coaching and facilitation skills
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; team player and effective communicator,
- Strong IT skills (Email, Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, Presentation).
- Demonstrated passion for human rights issues
- Good reporting capacity and experience
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
- Good knowledge of the local languages will be an asset.
- Resident of Delta/Rivers/Bayelsa/Maiduguri
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested candidates will send the following:
- Current resume
- Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)
- Please note that the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- As the above job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.