Accounting Officer at Perfect Works Integrated Services Limited
Posted on: 7 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in General
View All Jobs at Perfect Works Integrated Services Limited
Perfect Works Integrated Services Limited is looking for qualified candidates to fill the vacancies below
The Financial Controller reports to the Executive Director and copies to the General Manager (GM) and contributes to the overall success of the plant by effectively managing all financial tasks, overseeingbudgeting and accounting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Financial Controllerperforms a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Financial accounting and reporting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Charitable Status, Withholding Payments, Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor.
- Prepare all supporting information for authorized groups such as the FIRS and the Worker’s Compensation Board.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts; and manage cash flow.
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reportingas compared to budget.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy.
- Manage the bookkeeping function, using the Simply Accounting Package, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure.
- Participate as a member of the Finance Committee.
- Assist the Executive Director and the Board Treasurer with financial reporting as required at Board meetings and the Annual General Meetings and provide advice to support the decision making process
Payroll preparation and administration
- Prepare all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with the negotiationsand manage the employee insurance and benefits plans.
- Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time.
- Using the “Zero-Based” approach for budgeting, prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Directors and General Manager.
- Assist staff with the preparation of budgets for funding applications.
- Project management (activity centers) accounting
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects.
University degree or college diploma in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
- Recent Jobs from Perfect Works Integrated Services Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Human Resource/Admin Officer at Perfect Works Integrated Services Limited
- QA/QC Supervisor at Perfect Works Integrated Services Limited
- Scheme Manager at Perfect Works Integrated Services Limited
- Know More About Perfect Works Integrated Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Director, Finance and Administration at Management Sciences For Health - MSH
- Grants Officer at Plan International
- Finance Manager at Plan International
- Audit Trainee at Oluokun Adeyemi & Co
- Finance Manager at Jagal Group
- Internal Control and Compliance Officer at Tenece Professional Services Limited
- Accountant at First Excelsia
- Restaurant Accountant at Temp A Staff