- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Education Programme Assistant at Street Child
Posted on: 7 November, 2018
Deadline: 10 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Street Child
Street Child is a UK charity working to protect vulnerable children and improve access to education in some of the poorest communities in the world. We work in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal and in the last few months Street Child has been involved in the Humanitarian response for Nigeria as well as, being partner of the Education in Emergency Working Group.
Education Programme Assistant
Location: Maiduguri Borno
- Street Child is looking for a dedicated Education Programme Assistant for our programme in North East Nigeria. Our programme will include emergency education such as building temporary learning centers, training education facilitators in delivery of the curriculum and trauma counselling and providing teaching and learning materials. Street Child is also planning activities relating to unaccompanied and separated children and children as, working to create a referral network and supporting as many children as possible to be reunified with their families and access education.
- The person will be required to work flexibly, to support the implementation of the activities together with our local partners, reporting directly to the Nigeria Education Programme Manager. The position requires a background in development, with education, child protection and/or livelihoods experience in the Nigerian context a distinct advantage. Good communication skills and the capacity to work with a team and independently will be required. Analytical thinking as well as creativity and flexibility are also expected.
- This full time position is for 5 months initially, and subject to performance and funding availability, may be extended.
- Support the Programme Officers and Manager to deliver timely planned activities;
- Participate in Needs Assessments for the education programme and the preparation of reports in collaboration with the Programme Manager and the implementing partners;
- Monitor day-to-day activities in programmes to ensure best practice is adhered to in school & learning centre management, pedagogical monitoring, optimization of the teaching & learning process.
- Work closely with implementing partners by designing and overseeing the implementation of capacity building programs with parents/stakeholders willingness to travel / be in the field regularly
- Keep the Programme Manager informed on the activities of the project by providing relevant correspondence, reports and meeting minutes as well as making regular updates.
- Work closely with implementing partners to prepare and submit reports on approved frequency to the Programme Manager.
- Take minutes of internal or external meetings and share with team according to the organisation needs
- Leadership Behaviour
- Good interpersonal, listening and communication skills;
- Ability to positively influence others and successfully reconcile differences;
- A self-starter with a strong results orientation and with high levels of integrity, credibility and dependability;
- An energetic team player who can effectively collaborate, and who can stand alone when necessary;
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Commitment to Street Child mission, vision and values, and the ability to convey with enthusiasm Street Child’s role in accompanying and serving forcibly displaced people and in advocating for their right to protection and a life in dignity
- High integrity, honesty and confidentiality; ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with situations, people and information;
- Acceptance of diversity and inclusion as a core value.
- Willingness to work in flexible, sub-optimal, stressful and unstable environment.
- Willingness to travel among the country in different states
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Social Sciences equivalent
- At least 2 years working in humanitarian setting. Experience in education in emergencies and protracted crisis / early recovery a significant advantage
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with marginalized communities.
- Fluency in English and Hausa (written and spoken) and excellent writing skills.
- Kanuri is a great advantage
- Strong analytical, reporting, strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills/experience
- Knowledge of project cycle management.
Method of Application
- Use the motivation space to clarify concisely why you are interested to work for Street Child and how your qualifications and experience are a good fit for this position.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Street Child career website on docs.google.com to apply
- Recent Jobs from Street Child
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Safety and Security Officer (only for Nigerian) at Street Child
- MEAL Assistant at Street Child
- Project Manager for Integrated EiE and CP Programme at Street Child
- Finance Assistant at Street Child
- Know More About Street ChildSimilar Jobs
- Education Officer, P-2 at UNICEF
- Education Specialist, P3 at UNICEF
- Education Manager at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Head, Special Education Needs at Greensprings School
- Chinese Language Teacher at Greensprings School
- Fine Arts Teacher at Citadel Group of Schools
- ICAN Tutor at Bluescript IT Academy Limited
- Lecturer at Topmost College of Education