United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Lead, Enterprise Architecture
Reference No: LAG004
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Information Technology
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- The Head Enterprise Architecture’s role is to ensure the streamlined Strategy and Governance of IT Services is in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
- This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for IT Services.
- The Head Enterprise Architecture will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- This person will also govern the approved enterprise architecture of UBA Group
Strategy & Planning:
- Lead in strategic planning, including fostering innovation, compliance, risk and project governance and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Provides overall direction, guidance, and definition of IT architecture to effectively support the corporate business strategy.
- Lead strategic security planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing defense initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future security technologies using a risk-based assessment methodology.
- Manage UBA's Enterprise Architecture (EA) Repository.
- Maintain and administer the EA Library.
- Administer the EA Software Platform.
- Analyze and extract EA data to create visual presentations (reports, graphs, charts, models) for the different EA focus areas (Business, Information Systems, Information Technology) as needed.
- Assist Architects in projects requiring Information System and Information Technology reviews.
- Continuously improve the processes to evergreen the EA data to ensure high quality and minimal manual effort.
- Continuously improve the presentation and visualization of information in the EA repository for various audiences within UBA.
- Primary contact with the Corporate Services Business Facing group which supports the EA Repository software through enhancements and upgrades.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Benchmark, analyze and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement & innovation efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities
- Minimum educational level – First degree in Computing Science, Engineering, Operational sciences or (any other discipline with strong Information Systems component and/or relevant IT Service Management certification).
- Post graduate qualification in Information Technology or related certifications
- Certifications in TOGAF
- Minimum of 7 years professional ICT experience with a minimum of 5 years Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Strategy experience, in-depth knowledge of the business environment and Digital Banking products
- Knowledge of IT Service Management methodologies, principles, concepts, practices and processes
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Information systems coordination (ISCO L7)
- Information assurance (INAS L6)
- Enterprise architecture & business dev (STPL L7)
- Sustainability strategy(SUST L5)
- Data management (DATM L5)
- Benefits management (BENM L5)
- Research(RSCH L5)
- Learning & development mgmt (ETMG L6)
- Procurement (PROC L5)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to United Bank for Africa (UBA) career website on uba.jb.skillsmapafrica.com to apply