Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
Location: Ngala, Borno
Contract Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Beginning of contract: ASAP.
Probation period: 1 month
Goal / Purpose
- The logistics assistant supports the Logistics Manager in implementing and supervising all logistical activities at his/her assigned base.
- The Logistics Assistant will also lend his/her support the Manger carrying out urgent activities and the filing and archiving logistical documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the Logistics Manager in their absence.
List of Main Tasks
Management of Supplies:
- Update price lists and vendor databases
- Control Solidarités International purchase procedures
- Verify and process quote requests and IOFs
- Compose and archive purchase folders
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored.
Management of Vehicle Fleet:
- Assist in the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Draw up the vehicle schedule
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Assist in monitoring and consolidating fuel consumption and miles travelled for all vehicles
- Prevent misappropriation of petrol and spare parts
- Monitor the administrative documents for all vehicles
Management of Equipment/Telecommunications:
- Assist in installing and securing materials
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining materials
- Organize training sessions in the use of means of communication.
Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment:
- Update antivirus software
- Provide teams with adequate means for data backup
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
Management of Supplies:
- Supervise the maintenance and securing of warehouses
- Support the logistics officer in carrying out stock checks and physical inventories
Human Resource Management:
- Assist in the recruitment process and in evaluating the members of the logistical team
- Establish team schedules in conjunction with the logistics officer
- Ensure or assist with logistical training.
- A good listener
- Effective Communicator, confident
- Ability to prioritize work and work with minimal supervision
- Team Player, initiative, proactive
- Excellent interpersonal skills, negotiation, persuasive skills
- Excellent Planner, analytical
- Computer literate with good IT Management Skills
- Knowledge of Logistics, IT, Procurement, HR and Admin procedures
- Fleet and Equipment Management
- 2 years’ experience in INGO in Logistics responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Logistics, Supplies Management
- Languages; Proficiency in English; knowledge of Hausa, Kanuri and other local languages is desirable.
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria.
Method of Application
- Candidates will be required to attach CV.
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
Interested and qualified? Go to Solidarites International career website on docs.google.com to apply