Business Support and Administration Officer at BitPesa
Posted on: 25 October, 2018
Deadline: 13 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at BitPesa
BitPesa (www.bitpesa.co) is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages Blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. BitPesa's clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using our API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Business Support and Administration Officer
- The Business Support and Administration Officer is responsible for providing high quality administrative support to the Lagos team to ensure the smooth running of the office , covering a wide range of tasks and activities including (but not limited to) procurement coordination, travel and logistics, department meetings and off-site activities, diary management, meeting coordination, and minute taking for key meetings.
- The role holder will report to the Senior Business Support Associate on regional administration matters, office management and provide cover when required.
- Support the Legal & Compliance team to complete compliance forms and gather due diligence documents;
- Execute knowledge management activities by ensuring that corporate documents are gathered, stored, and organized in Google drive;
- Maintain catalogue of business contacts;
- Support team members to liaise with various external and internal stakeholders to increase/improve workflow efficiency;
- Schedule internal and external meetings;
- Coordination of all travel and accommodation requests (domestic and international);
- Apply for travel visas and work permits;
- Support the team in coordinating offsite/virtual gathering & annual festive event in December, and any other ad hoc events throughout the year;
- Support the collection, submission, and approval of expense reports by maintaining a record of daily expenses in the office and submit to the finance team monthly using Expensify;
- Raising purchase orders and receipting expenditure on Expensify;
- Provide support to the resourcing element of the team when capacity allows;
- Manage the signing, notarizing, and delivery of documents to legal & compliance
- Organize team events (birthdays and team lunches);
- Manage office-related equipment, suppliers and invoices;
- Provide basic IT support;
- Ensure office equipment and facilities (e.g. printers, photocopier) are maintained;
- Maintain an up to date health and safety policy
- At least 2 years of experience in administration, office management, and/or business support
- High quality organisational skills are key, yet the role holder will also have to be flexible enough to respond to changing situations.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Reader, Skype)
- Able to effectively manage and prioritise own activity.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail with all tasks.
- A resilient team player with great drive, enthusiasm and passion.
- An understanding of the importance of correctly handling and storing confidential information.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to determine who needs to be kept informed on specific topics.
- Confident dealing with people at all levels of an organisation, to build strong relationships and challenge when necessary.
- A team player with the ability to take the lead when necessary.
- Keen to learn and progress, with a very flexible approach to work and changing deadlines
- French / Spanish speaking is an added advantage.
This position has a competitive salary and benefits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to BitPesa career website on bitpesa.breezy.hr to apply
- Know More About BitPesaSimilar Jobs
- Site Admin/Store Keeper at Simeon's Pivot
- Secretary at Simeon's Pivot
- Operation Supervisor - Transfer Africa at Opera Software
- Administrative Officer at AHNI
- Receptionist at NAMPAK
- Admin Officer at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Technical Writer at Biosec Solutions
- Personal Assistant to the MD at Biosec Solutions