The Nigerian Communications Commission is the independent National Regulatory Authority for the telecommunications industry in Nigeria. The Commission is responsible for creating an enabling environment for competition among operators in the industry as well as ensuring the provision of qualitative and efficient telecommunications services throughout the country.
The Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) wishes to invite entries for her 2021 National Essay Competition for undergraduates. This year’s edition, the third in the series, will focus on Fifth Generation (5G) technology with the following objectives:
- Increase awareness on 5G Technology
- Engage and enhance research
- Encourage academic competition & excellence
- Build capacity of undergraduates in Nigerian tertiary institutions.
- All undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions (Private & Public).
- All participants are expected to register their personal details in the form provided for download on the NCC website, signed by their Deans as genuine Nigerian Undergraduates.
- All Essays will be subjected to Plagiarism checks.
- Winners will be invited by the Committee members to defend their essays by way of presentation. candidate that cannot successfully defend their submissions will be disqualified.
All entries will be assessed based on the following:
- Essay should contain a maximum of 1,000 words and a minimum of 500 words on the topic.
- Essay must have an Abstract, Introduction, Main Body and Conclusion.
- Essay must be referenced.
- Essay will go through a rigorous selection process and scrutinized based on Content, Grammar and Structure.
- All Essays must be submitted to the NCC in PDF format with all necessary attachments.
- Laptop, Printer and Cash Prize of N500,000.00.
- Cash Prize of N300,000.00.
- Cash Prize of N200,000.00.
30th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Essay to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winning essays will be announced on Monday, September 13, 2021.
- For further inquiries, please contact: +234-9-4617000 or +234-9-4617153