- This programme is run by Intafact Hero’s Foundation and is open to young individuals between 18 to 35 years of age resident and doing business in the Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu and Imo States.
- Employees and their immediate families of Intafact Beverages Limited or Intafact Hero’s Foundation, promotion agencies, associated companies, and outlet owners and staff are exempted from participating.
- Applicant shall only be allowed to enter the competition with one business.
- Consider your entry application unsuccessful should you not receive a response from Intafact Hero’s Foundation after 45 days from competition closing date (April 28, 2017) for entry applications.
- Intafact Hero’s Foundation will assume full rights and ownership of all materials (imagery, videos, etc) produced from the programme, and will be entitled to use the Applicant’s story for communication purposes without any compensation to the Applicant whatsoever for as long as the Kickstart Bold Steps programme is in existence. By virtue of accepting and signing these rules, you give Intafact Hero’s Foundation such an authorization.
- All Applicants, should they be selected to the next stage, will be required to furnish and submit proof of such things as their business’s registration and other relevant documents upon the request of Intafact Hero’s Foundation, in order to be eligible for the next stage.
- Participation/entry to this programme constitutes acceptance of all the rules, terms and conditions, guidelines and instructions (“rules’”) pertaining to this competition and agree to abide by the rules.
- The closing date for this competition is April 28, 2017and all entries must reach Intafact Hero’s Foundation by no later than 23:59 of the closing date.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- Intafact Hero’s Foundation will not be held responsible for the loss of any entry forms or documentation.
- Only entries with all accompanying documentation will be accepted. It is the responsibility of the Applicant to ensure all documentation is present and correct.
- Selected winning Applicants of the programme are required to run and manage their business on a full-time basis.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Intafact Hero’s Foundation reserves the right to make media announcements, publications of the winners of the competition, photography and follow-up interviews.
- The maximum amount to be requested by an applicant shall not exceed N3,000,000 (three million naira)
- The governing law to apply in respect of this competition is that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and therefore it is the sole responsibility of the Applicants to ensure that they comply with relevant regulatory and legislative requirements as set out by the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Successful winning Applicants agree to have their business progress tracked for a period of 5 years.
- Competition entries ‘Business (product or service offering)’ cannot be changed during the competition or the KickStart Programme.
- All Participants, Applicants and winners indemnify Intafact Hero’s Foundation, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) and agents, against any / all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever and in any way connected to their participation in, or association with, this Competition.
- Competition Applicants and Participants will be disqualified, upon conclusion of a diagnostic analysis by INTAFACT HERO’S FOUNDATION at any stage of the competition, should they be found to have knowingly or unknowingly misrepresented information pertaining to their businesses.
Intafact Hero’s Foundation Kickstart is Intafact’s Beverages Limited’s corporate social investment (CSI) initiative run by its subsidiary Intafact Hero’s Foundation. It is aimed at instilling a culture of entrepreneurship among Nigerian youths by encouraging them to develop their big ideas into sustainable businesses or expand their existing businesses through the provision of material and financial support which include:
- Business development skill training
- Business mentoring and coaching
- Provision of grant for business start-up and or expansion
First launched in South Africa in 1995 as a poverty alleviation initiative, the programme has also been implemented in Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland and Tanzania.
The Intafact Hero’s Foundation Kickstart programme is open only to Nigerians between the ages 18 to 35 who live and have their businesses in Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu and Imo states.
The ultimate goal of the programme is helping to build a young prosperous society by helping to create a culture of entrepreneurship thereby reducing youth unemployment in the Nigeria.
The competition is open to Nigerians between the ages 18 to 35 years who live and have their businesses in the following states: Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu and Imo states.
- Applicants must be at least 18 and at most 35 years with valid identification (e.g National I.D; Drivers License; International Passport; Voters Registration, etc) as at the last day of the application period.
- He or she must be willing to operate the business on a full-time basis.
- Should have an innovative business idea in need of a startup capital.
- Or already have an existing small businesses needing capital to expand operations.
- Energetic and entrepreneurial in approach.
- Should be able to read and write.
- Interested individuals should apply by downloading the application form here or pick up hard copies at the various designated centres and partners’ offices across Nigeria. All forms must be filled, signed and submitted at the following centres:
|Abia||Vic Dave Global||No 16 Mission Hill, Umuahia.|
|Anambra (Onitsha)||Chazmax Intgrated Ltd||9 Limca Road, Onitsha.|
|Anambra (Awka)||Ugezgold Ventures Nig Ltd||Kwata by Slaughter, Court Rd, Awka.|
|Benue||Syxim Services Ltd||28 Iorchia Ayu Way, Wurukum, Makurdi|
|Benue||Intafact Depot||7 New Otukpo Road, Makurdi, Benue State|
|Delta (Asaba)||Everends Lead Nig Ltd||4 DLA Road Asaba|
|Delta (Warri)||Omejeph Global Resource, Warri||Before Aeroplane Spot, Ughelli Portharcout Rd, Okpe Warri|
|Ebonyi||Ginibo Inter Services Ltd||97 Ogoja Rd, Abakaliki.|
|Edo||Cuneo Wedge Limited||9B Siloko Rd, Benin.|
|Edo||Intafact Depot||91 Ekenwan Road, Oredo LGA, Benin City, Edo State|
|Enugu||Phocles Nigeria Ltd||Off Ogui Rd, by Oloko Gate, Enugu.|
|Imo||Amadi & Sons Ltd||Plot PF/3Housin Estate, Area B, Adjacent 4040 Night Club, Owerri|
Scanned copies of completed forms can also be submitted online: email@example.com
Basic requirements are contained in the application section.
- A number of top entries will be selected based on the merit and quality of their business proposals by a team of seasoned experts. Each form will be scored against the “Screening Sheet”. The sheet will be used to grade and rank all submitted application form, the score gotten from the submission will be debated upon by the experts to ensure alignment and common ratings. For clarity of purpose and fairness to all applicants, the Screening sheet is an internal document. Scores are not shared externally.
- Successful applicants will then undergo an intensive one week business training. The modules for the training will include:
- Human Resources
- Business Plan Writing
- Book Keeping
- Income Statements
At the end of the training, applicants will be given one month to write the final competing business plan.
- Each judge is given a copy of each submission document for review.
- Judges convene to interview applicants on their business plans.
- Business plan and interviews for each applicant are rated and scores aggregated to determine winners (Kickstarters).
- The outcome of the judges’ decision remains confidential until the day of the award ceremony.
- The decision of the judges is final and cannot be contested.
- This will take a form of a grand event and winners will be announced and presented with their prizes. It will be a high profile event with government functionaries and business persons in attendance.
Mentoring & Monitoring
- The awardees will have access to carefully selected expert assistance through mentorship and coaching for the period of a year. The Kickstarters are under the obligation to observe and implement the advice as tendered by the mentors. There will be monthly update on the progress made and business performance which will be shared with the Foundation and Intafact Management.
Terms and Conditions - Hero's Kickstart Programme