Vacancy at The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN))
Posted on: 2 October, 2012
Deadline: 10 October, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Institute of Human Virology, Nige
Our Institute is a leading provider of treatment, care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria and other infectious diseases with headquarters in Abuja and Regional offices in Benin, Jos, Kano and the Federal Capital Territory. We require competent and result-oriented candidates to fill the position above.
JOB POSITION: CARE & SUPPORT(C&S) PROGRAM OFFICERS, IHV-NIGERIA - (Sokoto, Kebbi, Kogi, Benue and Katsina States)
Summary and Overview
The C&S program officer is a position for officers with a social science, Public Health or Nursing background. S/he must have at least 5yrs working experience within communities and Health Care facilities. S/he should have worked closely with clients and provided family centered care. The Care & Support program Officer reports directly to the State/Regional Manager.
The C&S RPO should have any of the following qualifications:
1. General Nursing/Midwifery Certificate with up to date practicing license
2. Public Health Nursing degree/certificate with an up to date practicing license
3. Degree in clinical psychology or Sociology.
4. Trained& certified as provider of Care and Support and HIV Counseling & Testing services .
Schedule of Work
• Mentor HCW, Nurses, social workers, Nutritionist, Volunteers& Counselors to provide quality holistic care to HIV/AIDS patients
• Create a sustainable Care & treatment team to deliver overall quality Health care to HIV/AIDS patients
• Ensure that the facility operates a functional and efficient client flow system
• Identify catchment communities and facilitate an efficient participatory service delivery for all stakeholders
• Conduct Advocacy visits to Key stakeholders within the facility and the catchment communities
• Identifying training needs for facility & Community staff and organize trainings
• Initiate, coordinate and conduct community outreach activities
• Draw-up Quarterly C&S action plan.
• Write and submit monthly reports of activities executed to the Program area lead and Head Office
• Ensure accurate and timely data collection/reporting to M&E& Management teams
• Coordinate TB/HIV service integration
• Conduct case finding of TB, HIV & malaria cases at community levels
Deadline: 10 October, 2012
Method of Application
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the Senior Human Resources Officer, within two weeks of this publication, through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should indicate appropriate positions and preferred locations in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.
❮ Back to List
- Know more about Institute of Human Virology, NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Jhpiego
- Career Opportunity at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Graduate and Experienced Jobs at UNICEF
- Conflict Advisers at the Department for international Development (DFID)
- Consultants at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Job Vacancy at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment
- Job Vacancy at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International