Exciting Job At Michael Stevens Consulting
Posted on: 17 September, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Insurance
View All Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting is recruiting to fill the below position:
- Considerable experience at a management level in the general insurance industry in Nigeria
- Accountability for a profit-centre and experience in delivering a return from the business
- Extensive sales experience with evidence of ability to lead sales and service teams in meeting growth targets
- Organisational change leadership and program management experience
- Working in multiple locations including experience with significant work related travel
- Extensive product development background across a wide variety of insurance classes of business
- Building a broking business (desirable), including the formation or purchase of an underwriting agency.
- Familiarity with office software applications (such as Word and Excel).
- Familiarity with Internet applications and the World Wide Web
- General Insurance (Broking) or equivalent insurance broking experience
- Project management skills and ability to utilise project management software or the like to manage, monitor and report on status
- Understanding and experience in the processes, procedures and operation of insurance broker cluster group
Non Technical Skills and Attribute:
- Highly developed negotiation skills at multiple levels within and external to an organisation.
- Written and verbal communication skills, including prospective client presentations
- Executive and Board level communication, presentation and leadership of discussions
- Recruitment and development of people
- Ability to build, motivate and manage a small team
- Gathering information from clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile
- Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients including scheduling and attending meetings and understanding the nature of clients' businesses or lives
- Foreseeing clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals
- Researching insurance companies' policies and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price;
- Arranging specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers;
- Advising clients on risk management and helping to devise new ways to mitigate risks, for example, by adding security measures such as fencing, surveillance cameras or lighting to commercial properties to reduce the likelihood of break-ins;
- Renewing or amending existing policies;
- Advising clients whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies;
- Marketing and acquiring new clients;
- Developing relationships with underwriters, surveyors, photographers, structural engineers and other professionals;
- Administrative tasks such as dealing with paperwork, correspondence, keeping detailed records;
- Winning accounts against competitors;
- Keeping up with changes in the insurance market and in the clients' industries;
- Collecting insurance premiums and processing accounts.
- A minimum of 7 - 10years experience at management level in the general insurance industry, with at least 3 years experience as an insurance broker
Method of Application
Only qualified persons should send CVs to: email@example.com (with subject - GM Insurance Broker)
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Michael Stevens ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Head, Strategy and Corporate Planning at a Leading Insurance Company - PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Solutions Developer at AXA Mansard Insurance Plc.