EngenderHealth works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available, and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training, and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce. We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health and to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality.
Fistula Care Plus (FC+) is a five year project, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and managed by EngenderHealth in collaboration with partners. It seeks to increase access to quality treatment services for obstetric fistula, improve prevention, strengthen the environment to support prevention, treatment and reintegration services, and to conduct research to improve the quality of services.
The Reproductive Health and Family Planning (RH/FP) Advisor will partner with authorities in supported states and staff in supported-sites to strengthen family planning and reproductive health. Family planning is a key intervention to reduce maternal mortality and morbidity. Under the direction of the Deputy Project Manager, s/he will be responsible for designing and implementing RH/FP strategies for facility based and community based interventions to increase access to and use of family planning.
The Reproductive Health and Family Planning Advisor will:
- Develop workplans and budgets and monitor progress to support increased access to family planning in supported states and facilities.
- Provide technical assistance in the application and scale up of the EngenderHealth approach to integrating family planning into fistula services and follow-up with stakeholders on their action plans to increase access to family planning
- Develop, support and evaluate networks to support FP counseling and service delivery in supported facilities, including a full range of methods to meet clients’ reproductive inentions.
- As part of a prevention strategy, develop and implement activities to increase access to and use of long-acting and reversible methods (IUDs and implants) to those who wish to use them, within the framework of informed choice
- Plan, implement and evaluate training for new and existing healthcare providers in supported sites and in the surrounding communities
- Partner with the Community Mobilization Officer to implement awareness creation activities for family planning at community level
- Work with FP task force where present to increase FP advocacy-level activities.
- Collaborate with the M&E Advisor and the Data Collector to capture FP data and monitor uptake in supported facilities.
- Prepare and submit in a timely fashion quarterly reports on activities, and other writing assignments as assigned
- Other tasks or duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Relevant post-graduate degree (MPH, etc)
- Clinical reproductive health background, e.g., nurse, midwife, preferred.
- At least 6 years’ experience in RH/FP. Experience with maternal health and/or child survival service delivery in Nigeria also an advantage.
- Training or Trainer’s Certificate in Reproductive Health and experience with participatory training, adult-learning theory and practice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in RH/FP related activities in Nigeria
- Experience with and understanding of MOH structure/systems, and with USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work collegially with other technical staff, experts, and with counterparts from the public, private and NGO sectors.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork, and partnering skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Hausa language proficiency.
Method of Application
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.