The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Procurement Clerk in the General Services Office (GSO) in Abuja.
Basic Function of the Position:
This position is responsible for the facilitation of delivery of procurement services to the entire Mission. The incumbent is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Contracting and Procurement office, as well as maintaining and managing procurement and invoice trackers. S/he will serve as sectional occasional cash holder and visit local sources for petty cash purchases.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Science or Business Studies is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in clerical/administrative work is required.
- Level IV (fluency) Speaking/Writing in English is required.
- Good customer service skills are required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheets and Power Point with level II typing speed (40 words per minute) is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Salary: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N2,629,038 p.a.(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR - Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM - US$36,111 EFM/MOH - US$30,991 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that directly addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Point of Contact:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale