Fortune Global Shipping & Logistics Limited is a wholly owned Nigerian company with head office in Nigeria and operational offices in some West African countries. We specialize in the movement of goods nationally and internationally. Our core services include freight forwarding, custom clearance services, air freight services, intra logistics and transportation, warehousing, oil and gas logistics services etc. Our years of existence has witnessed rapid growth with accompanying national and international recognitions.
That is why today, we are a member of virtually all the international regulatory bodies associated with our profession. Fortune Global prides in professionally trained staff, supported with modern technology in order to deliver quality services to our teeming local and international clientele. Whether you are sending large or small goods anywhere across the globe, think Fortune Global. We are poised to deliver on time every time.
Fortune Global Shipping is seeking to recruit interested and suitably qualified candidates into the following vacant position:
Reports to: MD/CEO
Responsnsible: All Commercial/Operations
- Responsible to provide leadership in strategic business planning & implementation for the entire Commercial/Operations unit in the line with the strategy of the group company.
- Effectively managing intra/inter - departmental staff relations, accountable for day-to-day running of the operational department
- Has an oversight function for the Business Development Group
- Provide leadership to the Commercial/Operation unit comprising of Airfreight, Seafreight, Groupage and Customs Affairs
- Effective coordination of Commercial/Operational duties towards organisational objectives
- Planning and forecasting operational requirements for FGSL
- Co-ordinates the activities of the Business development unit in relation to Commercial/Operation function
- Provide guidance to the commercial team in quotation management with the most competitive rates
- Liaise with clients, industry stakeholders and partners on business relations
- Managing and motivating the entire operations team to achieving the daily/weekly goals
- Utilizing FGSL's international partners to win new business on the global market
- Turning lead local/international enquiries into profitable businesses
- Giving timely and regular feedback to
- Management on operational activities as often as its required
- Meeting with Executive Management to discuss future strategies and contributing to growth and direction of the company
- Participating in seminars. conferences to increase and build larger network and new opportunities for FGSL
- Implement structure and improve process flow and efficiencies for the unit
- Continuously seek new ways to expand our service offerings by adding new and/or specialized carriers
- Liaise with HR to identify the gaps/needs of the team in order to improve capabilities and performance
- Develop and promote compliance/best practices within the operations unit to drive efficiency and profitability
- Maintain regular contact with subordinates to ensure smooth operations and compliance with industry standard with customs regulations and other required regulations/laws
- A good first degree from a reputable University/Polytechnic or relevant professional qualification(s) will be an advantage
- Minimum of 4-7 years' managerial experience in International Freight Forwarding & General Logistics, Oil & Gas Logistics experience and Project Management will be an added advantage
- Must be familiar with Int'l Freight Forwarding commercial quotation and regulations
- Has working business knowledge/hands-on experience of the Shipping & Logistics industry
- Has a proactive and can-do attitude in the pursuit of his/her responsibilities
- Must have leadership & hands on experience in International Freight Forwarding, Supply
- Chain Logistics and Project Management
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, able to build relationship and foster teamwork
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward complete Resumes to email@example.com
Closing date: 2 weeks from the date of this publication. Only qualified candidate that meets the above criteria need to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.