UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of a Senior Programme Assistant under the general supervision of the Chief,
Child Protection. to provide support functions including follow-up in fields of work such as programming,
Post Title: Senior Programme Assistant, GS7, Abuja
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-28-2014
ContractType: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
The successful candidates will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Arranges for review, recording and administrative processing of government requests for assistance in VISION and follow-up of process. Ensures timely processing and retirement of Cash Assistance to partners, verify accuracy of computation, authenticity and completeness of documents and that they meet the acceptable accounting standards.
- Meet with counterparts to resolve bottlenecks.
- Performs VISION operations such as drafting TAs, PRs, POs, SOs, FCs etc
- Prepares periodic report requirlid fOf programme management and monitoring
- Provides support to partners to ensure compliance with HACT procedures.
- Contributes to the preparation otsJatus and progressteports by providing information. preparing tables and drafting selected sections of it.
- Prepares background material wr use in discussions and briefing sessions for planning and management.
- Assists in the identification 'and formulation of development co-operation programmes and projects and
- participates in the preparation of draft proposals and donor reports as well as project documents.
- Maintains, processes and analyses information on subjeet matters relevant to the Child Protection Section and on external assistance provided to the countries by main sectors.
- Collects, registers and maintains information on project activities
- Performs oversight functions pertaining to logistics arrangement for workshops including liaising with participants/facilitators etc., on travels, visas, reservations and claims.
- Participates in the preparation of annual AWP and office workplan, quarterly workplans and achievement report.
- Drafts relevant sections (implementatiort status) of donor, annual and other reports as required by Section, Country. Regional and/or NYHQ.
- Participates in follow up visits to project sites.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for training and workshops as appropriate. '
Minimum Qualifications & Competencies
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to the work of the organization such as in Management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting.
- Seven years progressively responsible experience in programme co-ordination and administrative work
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of local working language of the duty station an asset.
- Very good communications and ability to produce clear and concise reports
- Conceptual, analytical, organising and negotiating skills.
- Very good knowledge of computer applications
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork abilities
- Knowledge of UNICEF procedures/policies an added advantage
- Ability to work harmoniously in an international and multicultural setting
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF's mission and professional values.
Method of Application
If you are interested in this position and meets the requirements, please send a cover letter one-page summary
statement that describes how your experience and qualifications related to the post and a scanned IPDF copy ofthe completed and signed UN Personal History Form which can be downloaded from www.unicef.org/nigeria/about_3345.html to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 30 September 2014.
Please put the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email. UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in ils mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.