UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of a Senior Programme Assistant under the general supervision of the Chief,
Child Protection. to provide support functions including follow-up in fields of work such as programming,
Post Title: Senior Programme Assistant, GS7, Abuja
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-28-2014
ContractType: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
The successful candidates will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Arranges for review, recording and administrative processing of government requests for assistance in VISION and follow-up of process. Ensures timely processing and retirement of Cash Assistance to partners, verify accuracy of computation, authenticity and completeness of documents and that they meet the acceptable accounting standards.
- Meet with counterparts to resolve bottlenecks.
- Performs VISION operations such as drafting TAs, PRs, POs, SOs, FCs etc
- Prepares periodic report requirlid fOf programme management and monitoring
- Provides support to partners to ensure compliance with HACT procedures.
- Contributes to the preparation otsJatus and progressteports by providing information. preparing tables and drafting selected sections of it.
- Prepares background material wr use in discussions and briefing sessions for planning and management.
- Assists in the identification 'and formulation of development co-operation programmes and projects and
- participates in the preparation of draft proposals and donor reports as well as project documents.
- Maintains, processes and analyses information on subjeet matters relevant to the Child Protection Section and on external assistance provided to the countries by main sectors.
- Collects, registers and maintains information on project activities
- Performs oversight functions pertaining to logistics arrangement for workshops including liaising with participants/facilitators etc., on travels, visas, reservations and claims.
- Participates in the preparation of annual AWP and office workplan, quarterly workplans and achievement report.
- Drafts relevant sections (implementatiort status) of donor, annual and other reports as required by Section, Country. Regional and/or NYHQ.
- Participates in follow up visits to project sites.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for training and workshops as appropriate. '
Minimum Qualifications & Competencies
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to the work of the organization such as in Management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting.
- Seven years progressively responsible experience in programme co-ordination and administrative work
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of local working language of the duty station an asset.
- Very good communications and ability to produce clear and concise reports
- Conceptual, analytical, organising and negotiating skills.
- Very good knowledge of computer applications
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork abilities
- Knowledge of UNICEF procedures/policies an added advantage
- Ability to work harmoniously in an international and multicultural setting
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF's mission and professional values.
Method of Application
If you are interested in this position and meets the requirements, please send a cover letter one-page summary
statement that describes how your experience and qualifications related to the post and a scanned IPDF copy ofthe completed and signed UN Personal History Form which can be downloaded from www.unicef.org/nigeria/about_3345.html to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 30 September 2014.
Please put the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email. UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in ils mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale