If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Old Mutual plc is an international long-term savings and investment group. Established more than 165 years ago in Cape Town, South Africa, it is now a FTSE 100 listed company with more than 14 million customers and 55 000 employees worldwide.
Our group’s primary operations are in the UK, Europe, sub-Saharan Africa, China, India, Mexico and Colombia.
Old Mutual Africa, a division of Old Mutual Emerging Markets, has operations in South Africa, Kenya, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Malawi and Swaziland. Exciting recent developments include the launch of Old Mutual Nigeria and a strategic alliance with Ecobank. Our expansion strategy is focused on becoming a leading financial services provider in West and East Africa by providing skilled asset management and financial products and services that are appropriate, affordable, easy to access and fully trusted by our customers.
This role is individually accountable for providing overall leadership and vision in developing a sustainable long-term growth and strategic direction for the general insurance operations. The incumbent is accountable for achieving results through comprehensive business management over periods of 1-3 years
- Responsible for strategic direction of the overall General business including all operational aspects of the business.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the long term 3yr+ business plan.
- Manages the profitability of the business (bottom line responsibility).
- Manages risk and compliance.
- Manages external relationships and influences industry bodies
Key Result Area:
Governance & Compliance
- Ensures clean audit risk and compliance reportsEmbeds risk and governance framework in business
- Devises a clear 1-3 year strategy for the business aligned to the overall Country strategy.
- Develops strategy in collaboration with Product specialists integrating the different channel contributions and aligning their respective value propositions to maximise market share.
- Develops growth strategy and sets aggressive performance targets that result in increased sales and reduced operating losses.
- The incumbent is accountable for achieving results through comprehensive business management.
- Develops Managers of others / managers & specialists under supervision.
- Selects potential Managers of others / managers to sustain pipeline.
Investment Performance Measurement
- Works across various disciplines and integrates the disciplines to develop new strategies and operationalises them.
- Accountable for performance of the unit
- Accountable for business wide direction and business results
- Stakeholder Management
- Manages external relationships and influences industry bodies.
- MBA degree.
- Extensive relevant experience.
- Decision Making
- Thinking Skills
- Building Relationships
- Technical Knowledge
- Client Focus
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Business Awareness.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.