eni is an integrated company engaged in all the energy supply chain, active in 85 Countries with more than 82,000 employees.
eni engages in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as in the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
Through refineries and chemical plants, eni processes crude oil and other oil-based feedstock to produce fuels, lubricants and chemical products that are supplied to wholesalers or through retail networks or distributors.
eni operates in engineering, oilfield services and construction both offshore and onshore, focusing on the execution of technologically-advanced mega-projects mainly located in frontier areas.
In 2013 eni confirmed its presence in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices and in the FTSE4Good index.
For further information, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this crucial role, you’ll lead a team responsible for achieving optimum health and productivity for employees across a challenging geographic remit within an African nation. Able to demonstrate ability to provide functional leadership, you’ll enable local occupational health and medical support teams to achieve this and to supply expert medical advice on all matters relating to health; in particular the health of employees at work.
As our Corporate Health Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Organization, implementation and follow up the Health Management System in the Business Unit.
- Organizing and running health promotion programs for the company.
- Designing, implementing and following up the occupational health programs including matters related to occupational medicine (e.g. fitness to work, health surveillance, ergonomics, etc.) and industrial hygiene (e.g. catering and water, workplace monitoring program, sampling and monitoring of risks, Health Risk Assessment, etc.)
- Implementing and following up the medical support service that includes the medical attention, medical insurance, specialized net of attention, medical emergency response plan and medical evacuation service.
- Participating in strategic company objectives and policies, e.g. obtaining OHSAS 18001 certification, Sustainable Health Projects, standards and procedures, etc.
- Inputting of health standards into the company HSE-IMS (Integrated Management System).
- Setting standards for monitoring contractors with third party health & medical service providers.
- Participation in company HSE & HR activities.
- Consultation regarding health surveillance activities and database development.
- Coordination of administrative activities for control budget, third medical services, providers, duties and medical records.
- Identification, assessment and advice on health risks associated with the company’s activities (including new project development), and the living environment.
- Performing the necessary health Reporting and audit activities.
- Providing support to Community Health activities, HIA & Health social projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
As our Corporate Health Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Internationally recognized medical degree meeting the requirements for a medical doctor.
- Certification and registration in occupational medicine, public health or an emergency specialty (EU/US level or equivalent) with post-certification experience.
- Previous demonstrable experience as a Health Manager & Chief Industrial Doctor in an industrial setting, preferably in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Availability to travel to all project locations.
- Broad expertise and experience to organise and implement a sound, integrated Occupational Health system for all Business Units.
- A thorough understanding of HSE management system, matched with a vision of the importance of the health component, and the ability to translate this vision in practical solutions.
- The ability to interface with, and influence, a wide variety of contacts, including management, staff, dependants, contractors, other health professionals, as well as stakeholders such as health authorities, NGOs and local communities.
- Understanding of, and experience/affinity with, public and community health as part of sustainable development.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.