IBM is filled with smart people, each of whom are actively involved in helping industries around the world do something better, more efficiently and more productively. Meet IBMers who are helping to build a smarter planet in their own unique ways.
- Implement and manages databases per defined standards and procedures
- Analyzes and provides recommendations on application logic and interfaces to improve database performance, capacity, and availability
- Identifies opportunities to optimize application data models for performance, manageability, scalability and availability
- Performs database administration activities such as storage management, backup and recovery using RMAN, and performance tuning
- Analyzes and resolves critical and complex database issues
- Ensures successful, daily backups and guaranteed recoverability
- Responds to monitoring alerts and high severity problem tickets, applying analytical, problem solving, and resolution skills to handle scenarios
- Define mechanisms to improve SQL performance
- Works with fellow database administrators in defining standards for backup and recovery, performance tuning, disaster recovery, high availability and monitoring
- Works with Infrastructure and development teams in delivering optimal database solutions throughout the life cycle
- Identifies tasks to be automated, developing scripts and supporting documentation
- Seeks and contributes to the continuous improvement of the databases and database environment
- Leads internal Infrastructure DBA projects
- Creates test and implementation plans
- Performs duties in such a way as to serve as an example to other DBAs in the department
- Maintains accurate and up to date documentation
- Performs research and evaluation of new database features and technology
- Other duties as assigned
- Have worked on oracle 10g/11g RAC on Unix HP/Sun/Aix/Linux/Windows
- Experienced in the design and support of large Oracle and mission critical databases in a 24/7 environment
- Proven experience in troubleshooting complex Oracle database problems such as performance, corruption and recovery
- Understanding of Cloud based database strategies and configuration
- Intermediate knowledge of database internals and data structures, including defining init.ora parameters for optimum performance and understanding Oracle V$ system tables
- Proficient in designing advanced backup and recovery procedures using RMAN
- Experience in implementing and supporting complex architectures such as high availability, disaster recovery and scalability using utilities such as Oracle Dataguard
- Experience in managing Oracle databases on clustered hardware
- Experience with Oracle 10g/11g features such as Locally Managed Tablespaces, Transportable Tables and Automated Storage Management.
- Experience deploying and managing databases with enterprise monitoring and management tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Understanding of Oracle Real Application Clusters technology
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years experience in Business Controls, time management and ability to multi task
- English: Fluent
- At least 8 years experience in Business Controls, time management and ability to multi task
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and database procedural languages
- Excellent knowledge of Unix shell, Perl or other scripting languages
- Practical experience working on various operating systems such as Unix, Linux and Windows Server
Method of Application
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.