APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Ref.: AT-055484
- Ensures that legitimate customer claims are processed correctly and timely.
- Manage all insurances of the company properties and liabilities.
- Manage relations with the insurance companies.
- Act as Legal counsel whenever needed.
- Ensures claims are properly documented and regular reports provided.
- Liasion with different departments and also with shipping lines, Consignees, Insurers, Surveyors and all Stakeholders in the Claims Process.
- Develop/manage / maintain SOP's for efficient handling of claims.
- Ensure that proper documents maintained for each claim.
- Ensure speedy recovery of claim by organisation to the insurance companies.
- Coordination of investigation and processing of labour accidents in cooperation with HSSE.
- Assists in managing legal and contractual issues as per claims and insurance.
- Bachelor's degree in Law Compulsory from an accredited university.
- Professional Certification and membership from insurance professional bodies is required.
- At least three to five years of experience in Maritime industry in claims section or from an insurance company dealing with Maritime customers claims on regular basis.
- Expert of Maritime industry processes, documentation involved, Clearing procedures.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Maritime Claims and Trade documentation.
- Must have expertise in International and Nigerian Maritime regulations/legislations.
- Must be familiar with legal concepts, contractual agreements.
- Must be familiar with commercial law, credit agreements, concession and management agreements, and other related legislation, decrees, and legal opinions.
- Requires high proficiency EXCEL spreadsheets and Power point presentations.
- Knowledge of import and export procedures and related activities.
- Strong sense of details and ability to correlate documentation at various levels.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills combined with good counselling and listening skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with senior management.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
- Ability to deal with statutory authorities including Police/ Customs.
- Well developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills.
- Previous experience of working in Maritime industry and in multi cultural environment is an advantage.
- Requires capability to anticipate problems by recognizing the key issues in problems and creating contingency plans and alternative solutions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.