New Career Opening at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture - IITA
Posted on: 16 September, 2014
Deadline: 26 September, 2014
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at IITA - International Institute of Tro
IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) seeks recruit to fill the position below:
Process Status: Shortlisting in progress
Duration: 2 year renewable contract
- Coordinates activities of automotive unit by conducting research and testing on vehicles and other automotive equipment considered for acquisition based on such factors as operational performance, costs of operation, maintenance, safety, and compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Assist the Procurement Unit with sourcing of all types of Institute’s owned automotive equipment including spare-parts and other supplies required for maintenance of vehicles, garages, and storage facilities.
- Coordinates repair and maintenance of all vehicles other than Heavy equipment to obtain maximum utilization and prevent operational delays in other departments.
- Oversee the activities of the Motor Pool and drivers and generally assists in costs control. Ensure road worthiness of the institute’s vehicle fleet and keep equipment, garage and storage facilities clean and maintained.
- Address complaints and resolve problems raised by customers; as well as assure clients of maximum efficiency and productivity in repair and maintenance services offered.
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Minimum Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc/HND in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- Possession of relevant higher qualifications will be an added advantage
- Minimum experience of Ten (10) years performing similar function.
Skills & Abilities:
- Applicant must possess mathematical, computer and reasoning skills.
- Applicant must be familiar with the parts and procedures of different types of automobile make.
- Applicant must have excellent managerial and supervisory skills to handle the entire auto service staff.
- Must have good time management and communication skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Must be a good team player and have good budgetary knowledge.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agricul...Similar Jobs
- Job Openings at Saro Lifecare
- Farm Managers at Willers Solutions
- Job Openings at Saroafrica International Limited
- Job Openings at a Leading Agro-Allied Company - Elbeo Limited
- Sales Representatives at Syngenta Nigeria
- Job Opportunities at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Job Opportunities at The Candel Company Limited
- Latest Job Openings at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)