WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. Our clients are based globally and offer a wide range of vacancies in oil, gas and energy.
WTS Energy places suitable engineers and consultants in any phase of Oil and Gas projects and in all skills relating to: Geoscience, Drilling Management and Well Services, Facilities, (FEED) Engineering, Construction, Pipeline, Subsea, Commissioning and Start Up and Operations and Maintenance. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
- Compile and sort invoices, and secure necessary approvals for payment.
- Scan and file invoices into (virtual or physical) repository.
- Process Withholding Tax (“WHT”) and Value Added Tax deductions and remit both to the necessary bodies before the legal deadline.
- Create and maintain a database for vendors’ WHT credit notes and tax receipts.
- Advice supplier's on the status of tax receipt for collection.
- Management petty cash spending and expense analysis.
- Monitor the withdrawal of cash from banks for disbursement as approved for office running.
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support supervisors.
- Update, maintain and file information for other departments as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor
- Provide accounting support to the Finance department.
- Enter invoices into SUN general ledger system.
- Ensure files are complete and updated as needed
- Provide support in accounts payable and statutory deduction matters.
- File returns and ensure that the Company is not penalized by the tax offices.
- Maintain both physical and digital databases for the Finance department and other departments as needed.
- 2 + years post NYSC work experience.
- BSc in Accounting/ Numerate disciplines.
- ICAN student will be an added advantage.
- Some customer service/ focus skills.
- Strong initiative, willingness to learn and close attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Basic admin skill and knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
Terms & Conditions
- This position is open to only Nigerian Nationals
- Candidate Reports to: Finance Manager
- Key Interfaces:
- Internal: Finance, Legal, Commercial and HR Team
- External: Consultants, Auditors, Government officials
go to method of application »
- Manage and maintain the business controls framework for line based on Corporate Controls Framework, and ensure controls are in place to address associated risks and uncertainties.
- Provide budgeting, commitment and budget change control on the Company's production assets.
- Coordinate the assurance processes for the Asset/Joint Venture.
- Facilitate investment proposal process management for oil filed.
- Provide cost structure reporting, analysis and management information.
- Provide day to day business advice (financial, controls) to ensure the integrity of spending in this area and that the investments are focused in line with the plan.
- Assist the Asset Manager with the Business Plans and performance monitoring.
- Provide input and contribute to the Business Controls Committee meetings and follow up on action points.
- Ensure business controls incident reports are prepared and submitted as required.
- Monitor and ensure that the costs and accruals are allocated and classified to the correct accounts to enable reliable reporting of spend.
- Ensure compliance with Joint Operating Agreement and participate in DEVCOM, TECOM, OPCOM as appropriate.
- Support with DEVCOM, TECOM, OPCOM submissions.
- Act as audit focal point with audit function for the asset, and work with Partners, shareholders and sanctioned 3rd parties on assurance reviews.
- Ensure early and accurate OPEX cost plan and drive the line in similar manner for CAPEX.
- Manage and drive Budget Commitment Control meetings at the asset level.
- Ensure an effective risk based business controls framework is operational and adhered.NIGERIA (RC920325)
- Create full cost transparency in OML 11 and drive strategic cost leadership for services provided.
- Ensure adherence to control framework for budgeting, budget change control and payment authorization.
- Coordinate effective stakeholder interface to ensure full compliance with legislation, directives, rules and guidelines.
- Protect the corporate image by driving full compliance with relevant legislation, directives, rules and guidelines in line with policies and procedures.
- Deliver high quality finance and accounting services.
- Provide financial input and advice.
- Provide information and reports to management to monitor asset performance. '
- Ensure that the Lekoil assurance processes are followed and complied with.
- Any other duties as assigned by Finance Leadership.
- Previous industry knowledge required.
- A Chartered Accountant with 8+ years in the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum 4-years’ experience providing support on a producing asset in an oil company.
- Minimum 3-years’ experience providing support on the development of a field from feed to construction.
- Robust CAPEX & OPEX budget management.
- Ability to adapt to fast pace working environmen
Terms & Conditions
- Please note this position is only for Nigerian Nationals.
- Candidate Reports to: Financial Controller, Finance Management.
- Key Interfaces:
- Internal: Finance Team, Project & Asset Management Teams, Lekoil Management
- External: Lekoil Partners & Joint Ventures Representatives, Tax Consultants, Auditors, Banks
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.