Vacancy in an International Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
Posted on: 12 September, 2014
Deadline: 12 October, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Stresert Services Limited - Our client is an international Non Governmental Organization (NGO). Stresert Services Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
- The ideal candidate will serve as Country Director in Nigeria.
- Responsible for overall management of the operation, including project coordination and oversight, budgeting, staff management, and long-range planning.
- Forge connections with local, national, and regional partners and with skilled professionals in the region, with an eye toward future collaboration.
- Represent the NGO and its programs at professional and other meetings in Nigeria. Works with NGO staff on planning and implementation of programs.
Requirements and Experience
- Knowledge of donor practices, the program proposal process, and humanitarian or development program solicitations and applications
- Ability to conduct and or supervise new program assessments and write cogent proposals and budgets
- Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors, UN agencies, and other NGOs
- 7+ years of field experience in humanitarian relief or development programs in insecure settings
- Graduate degree in economics, development finance, public health, public policy, or related field
- Fluency in English required; second language skills (i.e., working knowledge of Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba or other local languages etc.) a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary
- Ability to analyze and prioritize needs
- Proven organizational and supervisory skills
Method of Application
Qualified candidates with work experience in the NGO sectors should please forward CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Country Director as the subject of mail.
Only experienced candidates with stipulated years experience will be contacted for an interview.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Call for Proposals at Mercy Corps
- Front Desk /Administrative Assistant at WaterAid Nigeria
- Director of Monitoring and Evaluation at PACT Nigeria
- Director of Finance and Operations at PACT Nigeria
- Deputy Chief of Party at PACT Nigeria
- MHPSS Technical Specialist at Heartland Alliance International
- Business Support Assistant (SCOPE) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Organizational Development Specialist, STEER Project at Save the Children Nigeria