Vacancy in an International Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
Posted on: 12 September, 2014
Deadline: 12 October, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
Stresert Services Limited - Our client is an international Non Governmental Organization (NGO). Stresert Services Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
- The ideal candidate will serve as Country Director in Nigeria.
- Responsible for overall management of the operation, including project coordination and oversight, budgeting, staff management, and long-range planning.
- Forge connections with local, national, and regional partners and with skilled professionals in the region, with an eye toward future collaboration.
- Represent the NGO and its programs at professional and other meetings in Nigeria. Works with NGO staff on planning and implementation of programs.
Requirements and Experience
- Knowledge of donor practices, the program proposal process, and humanitarian or development program solicitations and applications
- Ability to conduct and or supervise new program assessments and write cogent proposals and budgets
- Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors, UN agencies, and other NGOs
- 7+ years of field experience in humanitarian relief or development programs in insecure settings
- Graduate degree in economics, development finance, public health, public policy, or related field
- Fluency in English required; second language skills (i.e., working knowledge of Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba or other local languages etc.) a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary
- Ability to analyze and prioritize needs
- Proven organizational and supervisory skills
Method of Application
Qualified candidates with work experience in the NGO sectors should please forward CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Country Director as the subject of mail.
Only experienced candidates with stipulated years experience will be contacted for an interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Communications Roles at The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD)
- Consultants at Save The Children
- Field Security Officer at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Liasion & Safety Officer at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Program Manager at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Latest Jobs at Chemonics International
- Interior Designer at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Quality Improvement Advisor/Consultant at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)