Graduate Vacancy at The Unicaribbean Business School Nigeria
Posted on: 12 September, 2014
Deadline: 16 September, 2014
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Unicaribbean Business School (UBS)
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Unicaribbean Business School Nigeria is an institute of business management, computer studies and short courses programs. The School is located in Nigeria and established to promote good education in Nigeria, and globally. The mission of the UniCaribbean Business School is to produce world class leaders equipped to shape the economic development of the Nigeria and the entire globe.
UBS is recruiting to fill the position of:
- A secretary will have to take notes and dictation from the boss for drafting the correspondence or executing the work. She can either record the dictation and transcribe it later or write it down.
- Will have to keep a record of appointments and ensure that each one is conducted smoothly and on time. Follow up for attendance, venue booking, arranging notepads, pencils, water bottles, glasses, etc. are also the duties of a secretary.
- Handling difficult situations without any assistance is one of the prime duties of a secretary. A secretary might face managerial or administration problems; she has to sort them out on her own without the interference of the senior management.
- One of the prime duties of a secretary is to arrange for the travel and boarding requirements of the boss or staff. This needs to be done flawlessly and meticulously especially when foreign travel and hotel bookings are involved. A minute-to-minute itinerary should be prepared for the convenience of the travelers.
- Organizing fun employee engagement activities and events for the department is not a secretary's core activity, but it can definitely help in honing her leadership prowess.
- It is the duty of the secretary to maintain the archives of documents and paperwork regarding foreign delegation visits, customer visits, inaugurations, new product launches, activities, events, etc.
- A secretary has to ensure timely and accurate delivery, and pick up of important office material. Items to be couriered should be sent on time, tracked and followed up for efficient delivery.
- A secretary also undertakes the responsibility of maintaining guest relations. Welcomes the visitors and makes them comfortable by offering refreshments. Might also require to book dinner reservations or accommodation for the guests.
- It is the duty of the secretary to manage and renew memberships to various business forums, institutes, societies, etc.
- Keeps a tab on the available stock of office supplies, stationery, office equipment, etc. and makes arrangement for placing a new order.
- A secretary will have to write, edit and disseminate information through presentations, spreadsheets, letters, mails, minutes of the meetings, memos, itineraries, etc.
- A secretary has to schedule, organize meetings and maintain a record of the agenda, minutes and maintain a follow-up of the tasks.
- The secretary has to carry out general office administration duties from time to time.
- Degree qualification with relevant experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, credentials and CV by hand or posting to:
24, Agbarho Street,
Off Lagos road, Ikorodu,
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Unicaribbean Business School (UBS)Similar Jobs
- Latest Vacancies at Bridge International Academies
- Ongoing Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff Recruitment at The Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM)
- Talent Acquisition Manager at Bridge International Academies
- Latest Jobs at The Nigeria French Language Village
- Latest Recruitment at Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH) CONT.
- Job Vacancies at Bridge International Academies
- Lecturer (Law) at UNICAF University
- Volunteer Tech Instructors at Young Readers Library