If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Action Against Hunger | ACF International is an international humanitarian organization committed to saving the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with sustainable access to safe water and long-term solutions to hunger.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting to fill the position of:
To strengthen the capacity of the Local Government Area (LGA), and nutrition focal person/team in management, delivery, and advocacy of cost-effective malnutrition prevention and treatment interventions. Interventions include – Infant & Young Child Feeding, Community Management of Acute Malnutrition, Maternal & Child Health Weeks.
Summary of Key Objectives:
- Support the assigned LGA in IYCF program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Support and coordinate micronutrient supplementation and maternal, new-born and child health weeks
- Coordination and support to health office of LGA
- Strengthen technical and advocacy capacity at LGA level
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nutrition or Bachelor of Nutrition; Health / Public Health / Nutrition diploma or equivalent
- Experience of emergency nutrition work and the design and implementation of feeding programmes (ideally IYCF, CTC/CMAM), including IYCF monitoring and evaluation
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
- Proven experience and ability in report writing
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF’s aims, values and principles
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Experience in the setup of a IYCF program within CMAM program in an emergency context
- Experience with working with partners, including the government
- Previous experience working with mothers support group and strong negotiation skill for behavior change
- Fluency in local languages (Kanuri, Fulani)
- Training in adult education/learning and effective training approaches.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Sunday, 21st September 2014 will not be considered.