IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture.
We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the position of Innovation and Communication Specialist at its Headquarters in Ibadan.
• Establishment and management of vegetable research fields.
• Conduct field experiments including all aspects of data collection
• Supervise harvesting and postharvest handling of crops
• Supervise general field activities
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
• B.Sc./HND in Horticulture, Crop Production, General Agriculture or related discipline from a reputable University /polytechnic.
• Minimum experience of two (2) years performing similar function
Skills & Abilities:
• Basic knowledge of vegetable crops nursery practices and field management operation
• Must have good time management skills.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure.
• Must be a good team player.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.