The Global Fund is one of the most reputable international NGOs working on curing preventable diseases across Africa and the developing world. Their work has saved countless lives and their ongoing efforts are stabilising whole regions where death as a result of preventable diseases has been rife. Whether through providing mosquito nets for children’s beds or by providing long-term anti-retroviral treatment to HIV/AIDS sufferers, our partner has achieved incredible things thanks to the support of a multilateral partnership.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate – this is a chance to work with a highly reputable organisation in one of their key project areas as a Project Accountant. You’ll be working under the PMO Director to ensure a sound financial management environment for the programme. The Finance Specialist will provide professional financial services to ensure compliance with accepted fiduciary policies, procedures and practices and to enable efficient and transparent management of the project.
Your primary tasks would include setting up a financial management system for the project whilst ensuring that all plans follow the agreed fund flow from both governmental sources and donors. You will be expected to prepare and keep track of budgets, expenditures and variances, but also identify areas for efficiency savings to keep the project on target. It will be up to you to make the necessary payments to principal recipients so that the programmes can proceed as expected and the financial reporting for the project will also fall under your jurisdiction. Our partner hopes you will be able to propose some realistic and implementable measures to manage project financial risks and improve financial capacity of the PMO where necessary.
The Global Fund is quite happy to cover the costs incurred by the volunteer, alongside providing a secure environment to live and work in. Ideally they would prefer someone to start in October and as this is a project based role the longer the candidate is available for, the better.
Finance or accounting qualification (professional qualification or part-qualification such as a Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst
• 7 to 10 years of demonstrated progressive experience in financial analysis and decision-making, obtained with an international accounting firm, bilateral or multilateral aid agency, government department, industry, or a commercial or investment bank;
• Experience in financial, regulatory, and grant-making or contracting processes;
• Demonstrated experience of having to make budgetary decisions or approvals;
• Experience of supervising a team and having to make decisions around performance management within a finance function.
• Grants and project management experience, preferably in the health, social or financing sector would be an advantage as well as relevant experience in developing countries;
• Experience of working within an international or regional sphere of activity.
Our partner is urgently seeking someone for this role so do not delay, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on +44 (0) 208 741 7000.