Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Cost Engineer, based in Nigeria.
Job type: Contract
- Demonstrates Operation Excellence fluency and Incident and Injury Free focused.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying contractor proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents. Computes costs by analyzing labor productivity issues, Equipment and material specs, and schedule requirements.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information at a summary level and a detailed level in line with appropriate classes of estimates for all project phases.
- Understand the engineering deliverables, Project Execution and Contracting Plans, and other deliverables that re required to be completed relative to the project phases and reflect these in the development of the Estimate
- Liaise with Cost Engineering Center of Excellence for Cost Estimation activities including Estimate and Schedule Assurance Reviews (ESAR). Ensure that Estimates meet with ESAR quality requirements.
- Lead Cost Estimate Kick Off Meetings with Contractors - setting expectations around project specific requirements, cost estimating techniques to be used and division of roles and responsibilities
- Demonstrates proficiency with recognized estimating techniques.
- Coordinates all project estimate preparation activities, including working closely with multiple FEED contractors. Performs the roll-up, combining the FEED contractor estimates along with the owners cost estimate into the total project summary.
- Work closely with the multiple FEED contractors to ensure they are complying with established Estimate Assurance Process (EAP) and drive the estimate preparation schedule.
- Ensure consistency of format, cost breakdown structures, etc. across the multiple estimates to ensure that the estimates can be rolled up into a summary estimate; perform the roll-up - combining the FEED contractor estimates along with the owners cost estimate into the total project summary
- Ensure a consistent demarcation between what's in the contractors' estimates and what's in project owners cost estimate;
- Coordinate a mid-phase review of the contractor estimates; coordinate probabilistic cost risk analysis; support project phase gate decision.
- Develop a working relationship with the contractor estimators to work closely with them during the estimate preparation to ensure that there are no busts during the formal review cycles;
- Own and prepare the owners cost estimate; arrange for, and facilitate, the critical estimate review and ensure that all of the documentation required for the review is complete;
- Ensure that the Project Execution Plan (PEP) topics that affect the ITB topics (Ts & Cs, commercial risk allocations, etc.) are flagged as such; coordinate the Cost Target Setting effort in accordance with approved guidelines;
- Liaise with the ITB preparation effort to ensure that the cost estimate aligns with (or at least maps to) the bid cost breakdown structure;
- Develop the Cost Estimate Plan; interface with the decision analyst to ensure that the appropriate cost amounts are utilized in the decision analysis for the project
- Manage the Cost Estimate database and ensure timely update.
- Plan for and Manage the collection of actual project cost data at the end of each project's Phase 4.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing internal benchmarking or other available industry information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing internal information and industry trends.
- This is a contract position.
- The rate for this position is negotiable.
Skills & Experience
- Vast experience in Cost Estimating for upstream and/or downstream oil and gas projects may be substituted for the above education and experience.
- AACE International certification as a Certified Cost Engineer or a Certified Cost Consultant is preferred but not necessary.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Note: If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 899559.