GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
GSK is recruiting to fill the position of:
Ref No: 140909-1
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Reporting To: Marketing Manager
To undertake the day-to-day and medium term strategic marketing of the Ribena brands in order to achieve growth-, profit- and marketing objectives, within a three year planning horizon
1.) Develops short and medium term marketing plans by:
- Utilising processes and formats as formulated in the Marketing Way.
- Liaising with aligned agencies and internal customers such as Sales and Category Teams to elicit constructive input
- Thoroughly evaluating the current brand situation and developing proposals to counter potential threats and capitalise on potential opportunities.
- Drawing up a formal brand plan for approval by Marketing Director and General Manager
2.) Manages the marketing mix by:
- Initiating and co-ordinating the processes of advertising development, promotions, packaging development and other marketing activities laid out in the brand plan, within the framework of the Marketing Way Programme.
3.) Exercises control over the marketing process by:
- Initiating and controlling a detailed monthly expenditure budget drawn up to meet agreed fiscal plans.
- Monitoring and controlling current and future performance criteria such as sales units, sales value, marketing expenditure and profit from sales.
- Developing an accurate monthly forecast for each SKU within the parameters of the GSK processes.
4.) Progress new product development by:
- Collaborating with Category Teams, external and internal customers in order to identify potential new product opportunities
- Presenting for approval a formal evaluation of the new product opportunity.
- Managing and co-ordinating cross-functional activities required to launch product.
5.) Liaises with Sales Management by:
- Monitoring sales performance and collaborating with Sales Management in developing plans that will ensure brand performance in line with agreed budgets.
- Discussing future promotional and other marketing activities and opportunities.
- Providing adequate marketing support and information to achieve maximum listings for new products.
6.) Liaises with aligned advertising and promotional agencies by:
- Providing detailed written briefs & reverts for all activities undertaken.
- Co-ordinating the day-to-day activities required to effectively execute agreed advertising or promotional activity.
- A good first degree.
- 3-4 years FMCG Brand Management experience.
- Understanding of general business and marketing conditions within Nigeria to successfully co-ordinate and facilitate strategies within these constraints.
- Insight into and understanding of consumer attitudes, behaviour and motivations
- Technical knowledge of the advertising, media and marketing research disciplines.
- Sound financial, strategic planning and project management skills required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.