Latest Career Opportunity at AOS Orwell
Posted on: 9 September, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at AOS Orwell
A Nigerian-based oil service companies, forming the largest indigenous services company in the region. We have the following vacancy for a suitably qualified person to join our Process Management Division.
- Reporting to the GM Operations, this person will have overall responsibility for the scope, deliverables, resource utilization, schedule and quality of one or multiple projects.
- This includes the responsibility for customer satisfaction, improving profit margin, and for overall management of projects from initial conception through to project completion.
- Planning, Scheduling, Measuring, Monitoring & Control of Engineering work.
- Responsible for Integrated Control and Safety System (mainly DCS, SIS, FGS and SCADA as well) Head Technical/Engineering Management functions and related contractual aspects of Project scope. Deliver Technical compliance to the customer & project requirements/specifications and AOSO QMS requirements for the Project scope.
- Manage and mentor the team of engineers assigned for projects and ensure high quality deliverables Direct the activities of multiple Lead Engineers, interface with customers to provide technical direction & solutions to meet project requirements.
- Enforce strict compliance with Project Management Office standards & following industry standard practices & meet customer requirements.
- Generate high productivity of team members and optimization of resource utilization through efficient engineering methods (usage of tools, templates, engineering standards).
- Ensure team meets work hours estimates & support productivity programs to improve efficiency.
- Drive lessons learned, sharing, Standard Design templates development & knowledge management in general as well productivity improvements & areas of improvement.
- Provide engineering scope status report to the Department Manager/Project Manager.
- Deliver complete System engineering, documentation, FAT/IFAT, Start-up & successful commissioning at site.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with project personnel, support corporate policies, conduct goal setting and performance reviews for assigned personnel.
- Responsible for development of personnel through training, coaching, and work assignments.
- Evaluate and identity solutions to improve overall project profitability.
- Stay abreast of technical changes and trends in the assigned market industry and apply new knowledge to duties as appropriate.
- Responsible for providing uncompromising quality to all work processes in designated area of responsibility.
- Authorised to stop work processes at any time it is believed quality is being compromised.
Engineering graduate (Electronics/Instrumentation) with 15 or more years experience in Industry with at least 5-6 years of proven track record in Engineering Management functions with strong leadership and team building capability, in addition to sound knowledge of Instrumentation and Control/Safety Systems design and engineering.
- Familiar with Design control, and Resource Management, DCS/SIS requirements, Safety system specification, networking standards etc.
- Experienced in managing cross-functional/multi-cultural teams, participating in resource planning processes, and human resource development.
- Ability to build a world-class team through effective management, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and discipline when appropriate.
- Leadership, self-starter, with excellent communication skills. Ability to successfully manage resources and projects remotely.
- Highly customer focused, able to influence and negotiate.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of engineers/technicians in fast paced multicultural environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time sensitive objectives to meet internal customer expectations.
- Proven ability to develop systems level knowledge to effectuate cross-team communication.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AOS OrwellSimilar Jobs
- Power Plant Project Manager at an EPC Company - Aldelia Limited
- Job Opportunities at Gulf Treasures Limited
- Jobs at Hyprops Nigeria Limited
- Camp Boss at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- HSE Environment Engineer at Onstream Group
- Business Development Advisor at RusselSmith Group
- Job Opportunities at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Business Support Specialist at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited