2014 C&IC & Corporate Finance International Graduate Programme - (IGCCFNG) at Standard Chartered Bank
Posted on: 9 September, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our Corporate & Institutional Clients and Corporate Finance business is driven by understanding of our clients' strategic objectives so that we can offer market-leading advice and financing solutions.
Our programme is designed to set you up for success in your first full-time role. What you do and where you go across the breadth of our business is up to you.
What is Corporate & Institutional Clients and Corporate Finance?
- Corporate & Institutional Clients (C&IC) - C&IC services the banking needs of global and large scale enterprises, financial institutions and governments. Getting to know our biggest clients, their businesses and challenges is the role of the C&IC team. They provide global expertise and local support, and are responsible for bringing together the right people to offer the right solutions for our clients.
- Corporate Finance - Corporate Finance helps clients build their businesses through financial and strategic advice. The team offers a range of products including Mergers and Acquisitions, Leveraged Finance, Equity Corporate Finance, Project and Export Finance, Structured Trade Finance, Principal Finance and Structured Finance.
What would a year on our International Graduate Programme look like?
We've designed a 12-month programme that will expose you to a variety of work so you can develop all the necessary skills to be successful at Standard Chartered. This is what you can expect during the year...
- Induction - This is where you'll get to know how Standard Chartered operates in your location. We'll set you up to get started.
- Month 1: Rotation in Operations - You'll learn the fundamentals of how we service our clients.
- Month 2-3: Induction in Shanghai (5 Weeks) - Get ready for an incredible experience. This is your ultimate induction to the Bank. You'll make connections from around the world and learn everything you need to be successful in your rotations.
- Month 4-6: Rotation in Risk - You'll learn about our approach to risk and how we manage it effectively.
- Month 7-9: Front Office rotation in Corporate Finance - Join our Financing or Advisory teams and get hands on in deal initiation and execution, including pitching, research, valuation and financial modelling.
- Month 10-12: Front Office Rotation in C&IC - Start building business relationships with clients. Be involved in account planning, pipeline management, credit risk initiation, approval and monitoring processes as well as learning the key systems used.
- Deployment - Transition to your first full-time role.
To apply for this stream you must have the following:
- An undergraduate degree
- The legal right to work in the country that you are applying to
- Business level English (the ability to speak more than one language will be highly regarded).
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Standard Chartered BankSimilar Jobs
- Treasurers at United Bank for Africa Plc
- Property Manager at a Fast-Growing Company
- Sales/Marketing Manager at CAPIS Limited
- Loan Review Associate at Branch.co
- Executive Bankers at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- 2018 Graduate Management Development Programme at Ecobank Nigeria
- 2018 Graduate Frontline Absorption at Access Bank Plc
- Senior Research Economist at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)