Our Financial Markets teams originate, distribute and trade a range of products including currencies, rates and credit, commodities, equities, bonds and syndicated loans.
There are six business areas in Financial Markets (FM): Sales teams that provide risk management and financing solutions. Traders, who execute risk management solutions for our clients and the Bank. Structurers who work closely with the Sales and Trading teams creating customised, multi-asset solutions. Capital Markets, providing debt financing solutions through syndicated loans and bonds. Asset and Liability Management teams, who manages the Bank's balance sheet and liquidity and Research teams that provides a forward-looking analysis of emerging markets.
If you thrive under pressure and find opportunities in demanding circumstances, join the 12 month Financial Markets International Graduate Programme. We will hone your skills to become a successful technical expert in Financial Markets.
Our programme is designed to set you up for success in your first full-time role. What you do and where you go across the breadth of our business is up to you.
What is Financial Markets?
There are six exciting business areas in Financial Markets (FM):
- Sales - Working directly with clients, our FM Sales teams provide risk management and financing solutions. They work closely with all other FM teams to build solutions for each client's needs.
- Structuring - Our Structurers work closely with the FM Sales and Trading teams creating customised, multi-asset solutions to meet our client's bespoke requirements.
- Capital Markets - Capital Markets provides debt financing solutions through syndicated loans and bonds. Our teams originate, structure and distribute large deals to fund a variety of our clients' financing needs.
- Trading - Our Traders execute risk management solutions for our clients and the Bank. They provide access to global financial markets, buying and selling financial instruments to manage clients' risk.
- Asset Liability Management (ALM) - The ALM team manages the Bank's balance sheet and liquidity to ensure our capital is fully optimised and aligned to requirements.
- Research - Our research team provides a forward-looking analysis of emerging markets. They cover all asset classes and regions and their insights inform clients and internal teams of current trends and market opportunities.
What would a year in our International Graduate Programme look like?
We've designed a 12-month programme that will expose you to a variety of work so you can develop all the necessary skills to be successful at Standard Chartered. This is what you can expect during the year…
- Induction - This is where you'll get to know how Standard Chartered operates in your location. We'll set you up to get started.
- Month 1: Rotation in Operations - You'll learn the procedures related to the processing, settlement, accounting, and reconciliation and reporting of various financial markets products.
- Month 2-3: Induction in Shanghai (5 Weeks) - Get ready for an incredible experience. This is your ultimate induction to the Bank. You'll make connections from around the world and learn everything you need to be successful in your rotations.
- Month 4-6: Rotation in Risk - You'll learn about our approach to risk and how we manage it effectively within Financial Markets.
- Month 7-12: 2x Rotations in Front Office - Your two final rotations will be handpicked for you from Sales, Trading, Structuring, ALM or Capital Markets. Each rotation will be focused on a specific asset class: rates & FX, credit, commodities or equities.
- Deployment - Transition to your first full-time role.
To apply for this stream you must have the following:
- An undergraduate degree
- The legal right to work in the country that you are applying to
- Business level English (the ability to speak more than one language will be highly regarded).
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.