EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
You will experience on-going professional development through our world-class learning and mentor programs, building your global network and our flexible culture. All of this to guarantee our employee value proposition holds true for you – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Assurance practice is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements, business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them – sub service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability, Financial Accounting Advisory and Fraud Investigation & Dispute.
A Better Working World Starts with you. We want to build a better working world for you and with you.
As Performance Improvement Senior Manager for the Financial Services Industry, you'll build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and develop a portfolio of business by focusing on high impact opportunities. You'll lead presentations and proposals for moderately complex projects - or for elements of highly complex projects - and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals.
Drawing on your skills and experience, you'll create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership. In addition, you'll package overall project findings into clear, concise, high-quality work products. Acting as a subject matter resource on one or more services, you'll leverage knowledge and experience to shape Ernst & Young's services to meet client problems.
By driving improvements in business processes, you'll serve as a role model for quality & risk management and confirm that project teams understand and comply with Ernst & Young's Q&RM guidelines. As a respected senior professional, you'll communicate effectively with Ernst & Young engagement partners and managers and work to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams. You'll also help key staff to build sustainable competencies.
- Participate in and, as required, lead Customer engagements
- Manage financial and quality aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, fees, and estimates-to-complete to partners and clients
- Help partners and directors generate new business opportunities and build client networks and relationships
- Understand all Ernst & Young service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients
- Build strong internal relationships within Ernst & Young Advisory Services and with other services across the organization
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contribute to people-related initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Customer professionals
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills of all levels of staff
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures and communicate these to all levels of staff
You will be commercially aware and have a deep understanding of the value and cost drivers that impart the inncome statement of financial services institutions. In addition you'll have knowledge and experience of a number of the following areas:
- Customer strategy, including customer experience and customer operating models
- Sales and channel management, including sales force and marketing effectiveness, bid management effectiveness and channel optimization
- Customer service improvement, including customer service performance improvement, customer service recovery and contact centre optimization
- Customer intelligence and economics, including customer acquisition and retention, account and channel segmentation
- Must be familiar with:
Additional skills requirements
- Demonstrated track record with a blue chip consulting organization
- Demonstrated experience in business development
- Strong academic record including a degree (if specialism is customer strategy, this should ideally be a marketing degree or an MBA; if specialism is customer intelligence and economics, this should ideally be a numerate degree)
Key elements – what is required
This role is mainly focused on the design and layout of brochures, marketing collateral, proposals and other marketing material for internal and external distribution.
The key areas of accountability include:
The experience, qualifications, knowledge and skills needed by the job holder.
To achieve their potential, businesses need to continuously achieve and sustain performance improvement in a rapidly changing environment. As one of our performance improvement advisors, you'll help many of the world's leading businesses and governments tackle their most pressing issues. Working in multidisciplinary teams, often directly with leaders of major organizations, you'll bring diverse perspectives to every challenge. We'll help you achieve your potential by supporting your professional development and giving you experience of working with a diverse range of clients. You'll have the opportunity to build your skills in one of our focused competency groups, including: Finance, Customer, Supply Chain, IT Advisory, People & Organization, Program Management or Strategic Direction. You'll also have the opportunity to team with professionals from other parts of the organization in multidisciplinary engagements, especially those in Risk.
At Ernst & Young, we know it's your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.