Career Opportunity at Human Resource Associates (HRA)
Posted on: 8 September, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Human Resource Associates (HRA)
Human Resource Associates (HRA) is a management consulting firm with service solutions in Consulting and Business Advisory, Outsourcing, Talent Management, HR Systems and Public Sector Solutions. The company was registered in Nigeria by its partners after several years of combined management and consulting/operational experience in top consulting firms, manufacturing, technology, oil and gas, financial services and telecommunications companies.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports appropriate for users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory obligations of the company are met including Withholding Tax payments, Company Income Tax, Employee Income Tax, VAT, etc.; and liaise with external Tax Authorities where necessary like Federal Inland Revenue Services.
- Prepare necessary supporting information for annual audit and liaise with external auditors as required.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control and petty cash.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts.
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and employee payroll.
- Ensure personnel and financial information is secure and stored appropriately.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure assets are properly recorded.
- Prepare financial reports as required. (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports)
- Delegate appropriate responsibilities to the Finance team to achieve departmental objectives.
- Mentor and coach the Finance team on departmental deliverables.
- Ensure Team Participation and proper communication/feedback network.
- Ensure timely bi-annual and yearly performance appraisal of all Finance Team members.
- Represent the company on financial matters in meetings.
- University degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Management.
- An MSc in Finance or an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN); Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA); Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of financial statutory laws.
- Proficiency in computer programs for accounting, database, spread sheets and word processing.
- Excellent project funds sourcing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prioritisation and time management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Required Personality Traits
- Team work abilities
- Excellent entrepreneurial spirit
- Leadership qualities
- Ability to plan strategically and execute timeously
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to be discrete and maintain high confidentiality of company’s processes and procedures.
- 7-10 years of progressive financial responsibility preferably in the Energy and or Oil and Gas sector.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating position as title of the mail
NOTE: Candidates must be based in Port-Harcourt or willing to Relocate.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Human Resource Associates (HRA)Similar Jobs
- West Africa Asset Management Lead at HReade Limited
- Quality Assurance Jobs at Kantar
- Business Unit Director at Human Edge Limited
- Job Vacancy at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Financial Analysts at EZ37 Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kimberly Ryan
- Financial Controllers at Career Prime
- Jobs at Alexander George Business Support Solutions (AGBSS)