Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; we are currently looking for a Head IT/Software Engineer for our client who is a Digital Solution and Services Company
· Develop information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
· Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
· Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
· Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
· Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
· Obtain licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
· Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
· Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
· Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
· Analyzing Information, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process.
· BSc degree in Computer Engineering or other related disciplines
· Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in IT.
· Experience developing/supporting retail Point of Sale systems including hardware, peripherals and peripheral drivers
· Experience with Windows performance monitoring and event queue message diagnosis.
· Experience with OPOS drivers
· Field support technical services experience is an added advantage
Key Skills and Attributes
· General Programming Skills
· Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to deal with and balance multiple priorities.
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change.
· Demonstrated interaction skills across a wide spectrum of technical contacts and teams.
· Must also have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.