BASF is the world’s leading chemical company: The Chemical Company. Its portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future. BASF had sales of about €74 billion in 2013 and over 112,000 employees as of the end of the year. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchanges in Frankfurt (BAS), London (BFA) and Zurich (AN).
- The incumbent will be expected to manage the production department and co-ordinate its interaction with departments to achieve customer and company requirements related to quality, service and cost, as well as contribute to the long-term competitiveness of the company.
- Duties include develop, lead and motivate a production team and create annual budget for areas of responsibility and manage the overall costs within the allocated budgets.
- Other duties are to define operational objectives, goals and plans to support the organizational strategy and objectives; deploy resources required to meet operational requirements; review progress against operational plan; ensure objectives and targets are agreed and communicated to team; ensure Quality and Safety standards are adhered to, maintained and improved; manage system to ensure consistent delivery of high quality production.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate should possess a relevant tertiary qualification in Business Management as well as a qualification in Project Management coupled with at least 5 years production management experience which should include general exposure to product development and trouble shooting, business strategies, product strategies, project planning and resource management.
- Other skills to include business negotiation, people management, computer literacy SAP and Microsoft Office and excellent communication skills.
- A well organized, meticulous candidate who is able to plan and prioritize activities and perform well under pressure will be suited to this role.
- Ability to work as an integral member of a team and individually.
Method of Application
BASF West Africa, based in Lagos is recruiting for this position. A number of of other opportunities are available in the Production environment for this entity. Please enquire by sending a motivational letter and an updated CV to email@example.com OR click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale