Vacancy at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Posted on: 4 September, 2014
Deadline: 18 September, 2014
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View Jobs posted same day
IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture.
We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the position of Innovation and Communication Specialist at its Headquarters in Ibadan.
- Develop and oversee Cassava Weed Management project’s social media accounts (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, website, blog and any others that are adopted)
- Curate or create content to post on social media channels
- Monitor social media conversations and mentions and refer questions and comments to supervisor in a timely and appropriate manner
- Share selective feedback collected on social media with relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate collaboration with partners to address social media needs and requests
- Develop an annual social media strategy and execute accordingly
- Track, measure, and deliver results for social media efforts and campaigns
- Prepare monthly social media follower and engagement dashboard
- Leverage data to provide insights and make recommendations to improve engagement and visibility of accounts and content
- Provide best practices, tips and suggestions to optimize social media efforts
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification / Experience
- Bsc/HND in Agriculture, Journalism, Agric. Extension, Computer Science, Mass Communication, Sociology or closely related field
- A minimum of two years of social media marketing experience
Skills & abilities
- The ability to work independently with close attention to detail
- Previous graphic design experience strongly preferred but not required
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Knowledge of copyright issues as related to scientific publications and electronic publishing.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, in diverse groups of team members and subject matter experts.
- Ability to identify and manage change to improve services and efficiencies
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Corporate Brand Officer at Saro Africa International
- Farm Finance and Admin Officer at Farm 360
- Financial Controller- Farms at a Leading Agribusiness Company - ManpowerGroup Middle East
- Latest Vacancies at Tomato Jos Farming and Processing Limited
- Poultry Manager at Efugo Farms
- Engineering Vacancies at Saro Lifecare
- Jobs at Amo Group
- Entry-level Saro Extension Agents at Saro Agrosciences Limited