The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is recruiting personnel for the following position in Abuja ONE (I) Project Assistant- Support to the effective implementation of the 2003 Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in Nigeria
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post Level: Project Assistant
Duration: One (1) year renewable subject to satisfactory performance
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Specialist (Culture), the successful candidate will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in programme elaboration and implementation.
- Provide logistical support at meeting, seminars, and workshops within the Project and ensure that all planning and preparations required for the successful organization of events are in
- Prepare and process payment requests ensuring that required payment documents are in order and follow-up on outstanding issues pertaining to concerned contracts.
- Draft correspondence and responses to programme queries, follow up to ensure timely delivery of mails from programmes and maintain proper records for proposals and other documentation (including hard copy folders) relating to activities of the project.
- Follow up on arrangement for and confirmation of hotel reservations and settlement of bills.
- Prepare the Culture Section's travel and leave plans and undertake any other duties and responsibilities required for the smooth running of the Culture Sector.
- Contribute to activities of other sectors where such acfivities intersect with the Culture Sector activities.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the Regional Director or Culture Programme Specialist.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- University Degree in Human Resources, Arts, Social Sciences or their equivalent.
- Computer literacy is an essential requirement for the job, excellent knowledge and use of English Language.
- Ability to work inter-sectorally and in teams.
- At least 4 years relevant experience in any UN Agency in the last five years
Method of Application
All applications should include functional e-mail addresses and mobile phone numbers, letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae with copy of degrees. Application should be addressed in a sealed envelope to the Regional Director and Representative UNESCO Regional Office, Abuja or via email (email@example.com) and clearly marked "Project Assistant ICH", Deadline: 8 September 2014.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.