Freedom Foundation (FF) is a faith based, non-profit organization, committed to addressing the ever-mounting and staggering challenges facing members of society living in absolute poverty. Freedom Foundation’s model includes Rehabilitation, Education, Empowerment, Research, and Awareness Promotion and it actively partners with the government, other NGOs, civil society organizations and corporate institutions to ensure the delivery of human services at the greatest points of impact.
For more information, please visit www.freedomfoundationng.org
Freedom Foundation seeks to recommence its drug rehabilitation program, House of Refuge (HOR), which will serve young people suffering from drug dependency in urban slums of Lagos.
The Program Director, House of Refuge, is responsible for crafting, driving and executing the successful leadership and management of House of Refuge, according to the strategic direction set by the Executive Committee.
- Collaborate with the Executive Committee to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for the establishment and growth of House of Refuge.
- Provides leadership in the areas of:
- strategic and budgetary planning;
- staff recruitment;
- development and evaluation;
- excellence in service delivery;
- creative problem-solving;
- research and scholarship;
- donor and community relations;
Program Planning and Management
- In consultation with the Board, engage in the iterative process of program design and development in order to deliver efficient and effective services to clients.
- Evaluates treatment procedures to ensure attainment of objectives and goals regarding rehabilitation from substance dependency.
- Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects as may be approved by the Executive Committee from time to time.
- Establishes a network agencies and programs in this field to widen service provision and ensure continuity in type and level of patient care.
- Directs the clinical, managerial and administrative aspects of the organization, ensure smooth running of day-to-day operations.
- In consultation with the HOR Executive Committee and FF Executive Secretary, recruits, supervises, and evaluates all staff for House of Refuge.
- Develops and implements budget and planning documents.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the HOR people (clients, staff, management, and volunteers), property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks.
- Ensure periodic development of accurate management reports (accounting reports, staff performance, monitoring and evaluation reports, etc.) for review by the Executive Committee
Public Relations, Marketing, and Fundraising
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, sponsors, governmental organizations, politicians, and other NGO organizations to help achieve the goals of the HOR.
- Act as chief spokesperson for the program and support the Executive Director in stakeholder engagement and public relations activities.
- Represent the HOR at community activities to enhance the organization’s community profile.
- Collaborate with FF Executive Secretary to develop and implement fundraising strategies to secure adequate funding for the operations of the HOR.