- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders namely - shareholders, management, staff, suppliers, and our clients
Strategy and Operations
- Provide strong management control over all business disciplines – sales, marketing, finance, operations, customer service/hospitalityand human resources.
- Develop company strategy and the financial and business plan for all segments of the Alara business covering retail, restaurant, art gallery and interior design consultancy.
- Manage and deliver stated business objectives, in accordance with approved budgets, set and agreed to by the CEO/Directors.
- Call upon additional Company resources where and when they may be required to assist and support the entire business-delivery process.
- Implement, monitor and if required, improve general operational methods and systems to ensure Company strategies-business objectives, budget targets and action- plans are achieved.
- Ensure optimal utilisation at all times, of all Alara’sphysical assets, bymaximising efficiencies and applying all resources at General Manager’s disposal.
- Supervise low-performing departments to drive quick, sustained and effective turnaround in performance.
- Ensure that the highest levels of quality in the look and feel of the Store/Restaurant is applied at all times and is in line with the MD’s requirements.
- Ensure that continued, timely, and efficient support is provided by the Administration and Support Services Team.
- Ensure that excellent customer service isimplementedacross the business
- Oversee the appropriate level of security and stock control to minimize theft
- Conduct regular walk-throughs within the concept store with a view to monitoring employee performance, management, staffing levels, customer service, back-store management, cleanliness and overall look and feel.
Marketing Communication and Business Development
- Accountable for the development and implementation of the concept store’s marketing program, corporate communication, and public relations
- Directly oversee the Business Development/Marketing Executive to effectively implement the marketing plans of the business.
- Ensure marketing plans and campaigns for the concept storeare effectively implemented in order to support business objectives.
- Contribute to building the Alara brand that places the Company as the go-to brand for the best available luxury goods within West Africa.
- Work closely with the Retail Manager, Restaurant Manager, Art Manager and Design Consultancy business to actively drive sales so as to meet annual revenue budget.
- Suggest methods and strategies for meeting forecasted revenue and profits.
Operations and Logistics Management
- Supervise the activities of the Operations Manager to ensure a seamless logistics process for the concept store and restaurant
- Ensure inventory management and stock control are in line with laid down Company policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and direction to subordinates towards the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Guide and motivate subordinates to enhance performance and produce quality work, and ensure that they are continuously developed for higher level roles.
- Communicate any organizational changes and mitigate risks through effective change management.
- Build loyalty with our staff that provides them with job security, peace of mind, the opportunity to grow and develop as individuals and to reward them appropriately on a performance driven basis through standard and incentivised remuneration.
- Ensure the highest level of professionalism across each one of the departments by overseeing recruitment, training, management and career development of staff
- Ensure all employees and managers adhere to laid down policies and procedures within the Alara brand
- Oversee all managers and department heads as their direct supervisor.
- Develop the overall budget in coordination with the CEO and respective functional heads and suggest implementation strategies.
- Support the MD in developing and implementing a comprehensive business and brand portfolio strategy.
- Establish both monthly and annual sales targets for the business.
- Develop a comprehensive risk management framework for the business.
- Ensure the seamless running of all departments and develop action plans