Vacancy in a First-Class Dry Cleaning & Laundry Company
Posted on: 1 September, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Janitorial Services / Environment
View Jobs posted same day
A first-class dry cleaning and laundry company with branches all over Lagos is seeking to fill the position of:
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES AND CAPABILITIES
- Successful applicants will have a strong strategic focus and be results-driven, innovative and committed to high standards of performance.
- They will be highly adaptable, creative, and used to delivering results in a dynamic and fluid working
- They will be able to leverage their experience to rapidly assume a wide range of responsibilities and make decisive and tangible contributions to EFInA as soon as they join the organisation.
- Applicants must be comfortable negotiating change, taking responsibility, and making complex strategic and operational decisions.
- Applicants must demonstrate integrity and high personal ethical standards; be highly numerate, analytical and detail-focused; and be strongly committed to financial inclusion.
go to method of application »
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of all equipment in the assigned branch.
- Ensure all necessary routine engineering checks are carried out every morning before the factory kicks off its daily activities
- Ensure that the environment is well illuminated i.e replace faulty fittings.
- Ensure all the company’s equipment are serviced as and when due and develop and maintain a maintenance schedule/register
- Install and maintain newly purchased machinery/equipment
- Install and maintain all electrical appliances
- Install water accessories and maintain water supply equipment
- Work with the company contractors and vendors in all services and maintenance of equipment to ensure company’s standard is maintained
- Monitor changes in regulations and technology that may affect operations; implements policy and procedural changes after approval
- Ensure that the generators and other machines are working well.
- Receive, investigate, and respond to problems and complaints in a professional manner; identify and report findings and also take necessary corrective actions
- Record parts/materials used &order new parts/materials as necessary – based on reorder levels.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions
- Repair and maintain washers, driers, extractors, condensers, pumps, blowers, presses, and other laundry equipment
- Operate, examine and dismantle equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction
- Examine parts for defects and repair/replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment
- Service, repair or replace parts and components as required
- Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts, equipment, or machinery
- Performs other duties as assigned by superiors
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Skill in the basic engineering repairs.
- Ability to analyze and interpret reports, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to diagnose technical issues with equipment
- Ability to apply theoretical concepts and practical solutions to practical problems
- Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- People management skills
- Technical and Analytical Skills
- Vendor Management
- Policy and Process Design
- A minimum O level qualification with good technical background and engineering skills.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in laundry engineering work or related fields.
- Basic knowledge of engineering repairs.
- Excellent knowledge of the use and care of standard commercial/industrial washing machine equipment.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send cv and application letter to: email@example.com Only candidates who meet the job requirements/specification will be shortlisted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Head of Operations at a Leading Dry-Cleaning Firm - AFM Recruit
- Jobs at Lakewood Development Company Limited