With more than 380,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries around the globe, Oracle offers an optimized and fully integrated stack of business hardware and software systems. Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center–from servers and storage, to database and middleware, through applications.
· Reports to the LMS Country / regional Manager
· Works as part of the LMS country and/or regional team
· Works to objectives agreed with LMS country management
· Works in an assigned segment / territory
· Recognized authority on Oracle licensing
· Has no direct reports
· Works closely with other LOB’s (e.g. License, Presales, Finance, Oracle Direct, Support and the Channel Teams)
· Acting as a leading authority in Oracle License Management, Software Asset Management (SAM) and compliance domains for customers and partners
· Work closely with customers/partners and identify the key people to work with and need commitment from
· Build working knowledge of LMS technical tools and processes
· Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant Oracle products, practices, procedures and license policies
· Identifying and evaluating the merits of conducting a review engagement with a customer and gain approval from the relevant sales and LMS manager
· Recording, documenting, and analyzing the information/data gathered
· Producing formal written review reports
· Articulating Oracle’s licensing practices to both internal and external parties
· Expert working knowledge of LMS technical tools and processes
· Measuring the usage of Oracle product/applications etc, using the relevant services and tools and respecting the Contractual License Grant and its definitions.
· Produce project plans (meeting) notes and formal written License Review reports & assist sales in closing possible review finds
· Generating additional reports as required by the LMS manager
· Keep internal systems up to date for business planning/reporting purposes
· Contributing to the ongoing development and knowledge sharing within the extended LMS group through regular discussion and feedback
· Develop your skills in sales, technology & finance
· Research and analyze Oracle customers within the designated segments or assigned countries
· Measuring the usage of Oracle product/applications etc, using the relevant services and tools and respecting the Contractual License Grant and its definitions Ownership of the LMS activity plan for segment, countries or teams
· Contributes to the LMS activity plan for segment and countries
· Works on specific license management services related projects as agreed with manager
· Ownership of the LMS review process from initiation to closure, working at all levels within the customer and Oracle organization
· Own and Drive the resolution of any issues as required
· Write license review reports to evaluate customers
· Present findings and explain the license review reports to customers
· Present, create case studies, update the LMS website and write other documentation as required
· Generating reports as required by the LMS country manager
· Build and maintain relationships across all Oracle LOB’s and at all levels within Oracle customers and partners
· Operate in line with Oracle’s processes and procedures
· Building effective relationships
· Customer focus
· Effective communication (both verbal and in writing)
· Team working
· Organization sensitivity and awareness
· Personal drive
· Planning and organization
· Results oriented
· Problem solving
· Be pro active & hands on
· Quality driven
· Ability to build trust with co workers and customers
· University degree standard (or equivalent)
· 6+ years customer focused experience (IT industry is an advantage)
· Commercial experience and an understanding of the delivery life cycle
· Familiarity with Oracle products and/or services gained from an Oracle environment is desirable
· Fluent in English plus Portuguese and/or French. Any other relevant language skill is a plus.
NOTE: Please disregard the description related to "reviews of partners", as it does not apply for this specific role.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Performs software license reviews of our partners to ensure compliance with their contract terms and Oracle*s Business Practices while providing value-added services to enhance partner satisfaction.
Conducts business reviews of Oracle partners to determine if the Oracle partner is in compliance with the terms and conditions of its Oracle agreement(s) and Oracle*s pricing, licensing, and business practices. Works with partner to resolve compliance issues and ensures proper compensation to Oracle while preserving the partner relationship. Solicits and evaluates potential targets for review and travels to their places of business to perform the business reviews. Interprets and summarizes partner agreements, reviews, and reconciles software sales activity and accompanies support records, and work with other Oracle organizations such as Royalty Reporting, Order Administration, Contracts, Alliances, Support, Business Practices, Legal, and Sales. Identify and qualify customer review opportunities. Provide license and business practice advice in support of follow-up sales negotiations. Generate annual license compliance revenue and customer satisfaction targets. Participate in projects to improve the review process, licensing and technical knowledge. Provide licensing and Business Practice education to internal and external customers.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to comprehend and interpret complex licensing issues. 5 years experience to include 3 years Big 5 public accounting/internal audit experience or equivalent. Strong presentation and communication skills. Experience in working with c-level personnel. Ability to analyze and interpret key relationships and concepts. Ability to relate smaller concepts to the overall "big picture". Successful management of multiple projects. Ability to work independently. Interest in travel and technology. Understanding of software industry and Oracle software a plus. Travel necessary. BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or MIS. CPA or JD preferred.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for the identification of relevant new business opportunities and design "go-to-market" plan to deliver measurable and significant revenues.
As a Business Development Representative assigned to strategic accounts which may be grouped by industry where Oracle has a limited presence. Acts as primary liaison between Consulting, Sales, and Oracle Development for the products sales opportunties. Generate business opportunities through prospecting mass market programs and leveraging third party partners. Develops and coordinates a worldwide relationship that establishes Oracle as a preferred vendor and optimizes Oracle*s sales of product. Executes aggressive strategies and plans to successfully drive the product as the preferred customer selection. Provides account representatives with information on how the product addresses specfic needs, and assists account representatives in using Oracle*s products to leverage large revenue opportunities. Assists in articulating product message, coordinates technical resources and successful closes referenceable deals.
Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and procedures. 5 years of progressively increased responsibilities in sales or sales management. Marketing and business development experience preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for solving business problems using technology and applications. Ability to work with and communicate effectively with multiple colleagues in a team selling environment. Business and account planning implementation experience. Conversant in Oracle technology and product strategies. Strong executive selling skills as well as a demonstrated success in establishing and developing client relationships. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to travel. BA/BS degree or equivalent.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.