Vacancy at ALARA
Posted on: 1 September, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Creative / Arts
View All Jobs at ALARA
ALARA is a luxury lifestyle brand dedicated to contemporary art, design, fashion, cuisine and culture. The concept store is located in Lagos, Nigeria and will feature inspirational objects of African origin alongside international design. ALARA was created by Reni Folawiyo, and the Lagos store has been designed by renowned architect David Adjaye – It features an exhibition-style retail space, a restaurant and terrace lounge, and an art gallery. ALARA means “wondrous performer”.
- Manage a vast array of stock items from over 200 suppliers worldwide.
- Develop and monitor the Company’s inventory and warehousing facilities.
- Evaluate and select information technology solutions (ERP, manual cross check systems) to improve tracking, storage and inventory.
- Oversee the activities of the Inventory Supervisor and stock controllers.
- Ensure zero or minimal inventory loss.
- Champion and train operations team on quality control.
Supply Chain and Logistics
- Develop processes and procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as the Buyers (fashion and home goods), Restaurant Manager and Finance.
- Negotiate prices and terms with freight forwarders and monitor freight forwarders’ performance to assess ability to meet delivery requirements.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows for Inventory Supervisor and Stock Controllers.
- Analyse inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies and adapt it to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Coordinate packing notes and liaise with Finance to ensure timely payments of charges and duties.
- Communicate with suppliers on missing or damaged goods.
- Proactive Contract Management with 3rd Party Logistics providers.
- Oversight responsibility for the day to day management of Logistics providers.
- Manage and maintain the facility management of concept store and office block.
- Selecting and Managing the 3rd party contracts with Facility Management companies for cleaning, landscaping, plumbing and electrical maintenance etc.
- Ensuring that the standards around the concept store are kept to international best practice standards.
- Ensure the regular maintenance of the Company’s ICT infrastructure.
- Put structures in place such as CCTV and security systems to ensure minimal stock loss.
- Oversee the activities of the ICT team.
- Work alongside other members of management to develop, annual operations budget
- Ensure that the Company maintains annual shipping/clearing/inventory and warehousing budget by engaging in sound negotiations with contractors.
- Provide operational support to the restaurant and retail business.
- Influence third parties on their standards requiring them to deliver best in class service.
- Identify root causes of logistics/supply issues - and actively proffer solutions to solve them.
- Drive the operations agenda with the entire business.
- Implement and manage change within the commercial teams and the supplier base.
- Deliver and support projects that would improve the Company’s IT infrastructure and processes, to aid operational efficiencies.
- Manage and motivate the operations team by training and orienting team to ensure efficiency.
- Manage staff job results by coaching and counselling operations team as well as conducting appraisals and performance reviews.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Day to day management of logistics providers.
- Manage all company stock and inventory across the retail and restaurant business.
- Implement computerised inventory management and stock control systems.
- Implement cost cutting measures in order to improve the Company’s operational efficiencies.
- Ensure accurate in depth product knowledge for the operations team by training new and existing staff.
- Drive operation agenda for the entire business.
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain processes and quality control.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Proven track record of delivering tangible business results through the effective application of Project Management methodologies and Continuous Improvement techniques (Kaizen, LEAN, Six Sigma, PM).
- Experience of stock control and inventory management and logistics.
- Comprehensive knowledge of admin processes and standards.
- Excellent communication, team working and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and delegate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree from a reputable university.
- Minimum of 5 years supply chain/logistics experience preferably within the FMCG, Retail or Hospitality space.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ALARASimilar Jobs
- Personal Assistant at Topmost Fashion Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Jobs at Femininity Limited
- Business Development Officer at Deola Sagoe
- Fashion Interns at ESOSA
- Facility Supervisor at Alara
- Hostess at Alara
- Style + Lifestyle Contributor at Kobi Koachman Fashion