Latest Career Opportunities at AOS Orwell
Posted on: 1 September, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at AOS Orwell
AOS Orwell, an integrated indigenous oilfield services company in Nigeria offering well construction and engineering services to the oil and gas sector, has the following vacancy for a suitably qualified person to join its Process Management Division.
The above vacancy exists in our Process Management Division, Service Department. We have the following vacancy for a suitably qualified person to join its Process Management Division.
- Reporting to the Lead Engineers, this position will be responsible for control and safety systems implementation such as detailed engineering design, software configuration, factory acceptance testing in full compliance with recognized industry standards, safety standards, and various client specifications.
- Will be required to develop systems documentation such as functional design specification, input/output lists and related design drawings.
- The person will be required to partake in project site pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities and to conduct field surveys, compile data and prepare reports for various activities such as design documents.
- Degree in Electrical Electronics engineering is required.
- A degree in Computer Science with relevant control systems experience will also be considered.
- Candidates should have minimum 2 years post qualification experience in System Design, configuration, documentation, testing, Installation, commissioning and maintenance of DCS, SIS, SCADA, PLC and HMI.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Detailed understanding of Process Control and Automation Concepts
- Good knowledge of Operating systems . Good knowledge of Intrinsic Safety concepts, OPC, Modbus, Profibus & Foundation Fieldbus . Familiar with Programming languages (Visual Basic/VBA, C++)
- Familiar with Computer Aided Design packages
go to method of application »
- Reporting to the Assistant Services Manager, this person will have responsibility for attending to customer service calls, remotely assist in troubleshooting customer's instrumentation related issues; travel to customer site locations and work independently on their systems; provide regular communication, feedback and status updates to the Services Manager.
- The FSE is also responsible for meeting service revenue sales targets, ensuring strong contract retention and warranty conversion rates, exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- The FSE may develop and track field service project plans, monitor and adhere to field service policies, procedures and technical standards.
- This person is required to have a good first degree in Electronics / Instrumentation or equivalent with 1 to 2 years of instrumentation, site service and customer handling experience.
- Experience in Pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, flow meters, valves, basic instrumentation, PLC, SCADA and other automation products is a pre-requisite for this role.
- Must be familiar with the use of required test equipment including Field communicator (375 or 475), Digital Multimeter, Control panel associated wiring/mechanical tools.
- Working knowledge of automation & instrumentation products. Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work independently; ability to prioritize, organize work, and meet deadlines.
- Strong Computer and Network skills with good knowledge of MS Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to read and write English. Oil & Gas and Power Generation industry experience.
- Must be capable of performing job duties outdoors requiring exposure to different weather conditions.
- Must be available and capable to travel by air, land and sea using commercial means of transportation.
- Willing and able to work hours necessary to meet deadlines and respond to emergency demands. May require extended travel on short notice.
go to method of application »
- Reporting to the Head of Sales, PMD, this person will develop and increase the Company's market share and growth of control valves, regulators and actuation products in Nigeria.
- The product manager will work across the organisation to influence and promote the valves and actuation business including direct selling, training, coaching, pricing and inventory planning assistance for our target market segments.
- This position requires an individual with an Engineering (instrumentation) degree or its equivalent with 5 to 10 years experience in product management, sales and marketing.
- Experience in Control Valves, Regulators and Automated Ball Valves is a pre-requisite.
- The person must have relevant business experience and product knowledge in the oil and gas industry.
- Financial acumen, marketing and negotiation skills are a requirement.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to locations as required to execute job responsibilities.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AOS OrwellSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunity at BOURBON Oil & Gas
- Fresh Vacancies at JAGAL Group
- Human Resource Career Opportunity at TDI Global
- Job Vacancy at an Oil and gas Firm - Wilco
- Ongoing Recruitment at AOS Orwell Ltd.
- Accounting Job Opening at an Oil and Gas Company - Staffline Consulting Limited
- Engineering Job Vacancy at a Multinational Oil and Gas Company - Maventeq Systems Limited
- Engineering Job Opportunity at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited