The Coca-Cola Company is an American multinational beverage corporation and manufacturer, retailer and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups, which is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
Coca-Cola Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job ID: 28342
- The Franchise Customer Manager will be responsible to drive the customer agenda in the Nigeria. This role reports directly to the Franchise General Manager, indirectly to the Customer Strategy Manger and has one direct report.
- More specifically regarding the customer agenda the Franchise Customer Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing a number of key acounts , Future Consumption & Immediate Consumption, as being defined from the Business Unit.
- Developing the Annual Business Plan based on the guidelines from BU and reflecting local needs and opportunities to deliver the core Key Business Indicators
- Driving solid alignment with the Bottling partners, and ensure timely execution and evaluation of the key activities
- Supports the negotiations, led by the Bottling partners ,of the annual commercial agreement ( pricing terms & conditions) for the key customers
- Steward the process, routines with the Customers and Bottling partners in national level as being defined by the customer Team in the Business Unit (BU)
- Managing the relationship with the key customers in country level within the Franchise Operations territory
- Sharing best practices with the customers and the Bottling partners
- Participating actively in the Customer and Commercial Leadership routines
1. Develop robust customer strategic plans to deliver the core customer Key Business Indicators (KBI) ( volume, revenue, SOVI, incidence, Operating Income, Out of Stock reduction and order accuracy) and shift the dialogue with the customers towards value creation in the Franchise Operations (FO) level
- Develop and implement the annual Joint Business Plan (JBP) for the customers of his/her responsibility in FO, aligned with the customer’s global or regional strategies as well as the Company’s strategic corridors.
- Defines and manages the DME per customer in local level allocation for the key customers.
- Works closely with the customer team in BU and with the Shopper Marketing Manager ( SMM) to develop shopper driven customer plans (annual activity calendar, develop the look of success based on consumer and shopper insights)
- Drives revenue growth in the customers in national level through OBPPC (Occasion Brand Price Pack Channel) by working closely with the SSM and the Customer Development Manager
2. Drives robust Alignment with the Bottling partners and with the key customer in country level
- Works closely with the Customer strategy Manager to ensure alignment with the Bottling partners and the key customer teams, in FO/country level
- Leads jointly with the customer strategy manager the routines with the Bottling partners in FO level
- Set up and steward all the process with the customers ( JBP process, joint reviews, joint score card development, customer mapping, Top 2 Top meetings )
- Works closely with Capabilities development Manager to ensure the right capabilities are in place in national level
- Works closely with the SC Manager to ensure delivery of all the KBI’s with regards SC
3. Drive the annual negotiations with the priority customers
- Defines jointly with the Nigeria Finance Manager and the Customer Strategy Manager the optimum trade mixes for the annual negotiations for the key customers and provides value-building solutions to local operations.
- Steward the local negotiations for top key customers, connecting local idiosyncrasies with regional frameworks , jointly and fully aligned with the Bottling partners
4. Tracks performance and Builds Capabilities
- Works closely with the data analytics manager to develop the joint customer scorecards and share results with local operations and customers.
- Works closely with the data analytics managers to analyze and interpret customer sales data and evaluates the key activities of the plan for input in business reviews and planning sessions
- Analyzes the ROI on DME investment of strategic initiatives implemented with the key customers.
- Works closely with the customer team in the BU and with the C&CL Capabilities Manger to ensure the implementation of the capabilities plan for Nigeria ( System and Customers)
Financial/ Job Scope:
- TCCC Brands/Products - TCCC Full Beverage Portfolio
- TCCC Product Launches Annually - As per BP
- Customer Relevance (Sales in converted US Dollars) - Focus will be behind the following customers in Nigeria (Shoprite, Spar, Domminos Pizza, Mr Biggs, Chicken Republic,Hilton, Intercontinental)
- Countries (# of counties doing business) - Nigeria
- Operating Budget - TBC . Customer DME , traveling, customer meetings , best practice meetings etc.
- OPEX USD influenced - As a above
- Countries, BU(s), and/or Group Responsibility - FO responsibility affecting all the countries that the key customers have business
- Suppliers - None
- Productivity - The creation of this capability will generate incremental revenue through volume increase due to shopper driven activation
- Will interact with Coca-Cola, bottlers and customer senior management, mainly at BU and national levels.
- Will be required to proactively build and maintain relationships with appropriate senior level customer management.
- Will be required to interact with, persuade and influence Coca-Cola System and Customer Senior management on various advanced customer analytics.
- Will be responsible to influence and guide analytics third party Subject Market Experts.
- Understands very well the customer profit model and try to identify opportunities to create value by linking our portfolio, shopper and consumer needs within the customer model
- Provides solutions for a series of issues ( e.g. supply chain, cash flow, new equipment, quality etc.) to create value and strengthen the relationship with the customers
- Develop an effective framework and process to improve Customer Service across Business Unit
- Aligns and influences many stakeholders ( e.g. marketing in FO, FO General Managers, market operations managers, country managers etc.) to drive a customer centric approach and create value for the System and the customers.
- Understands advanced analysis of customer business building opportunities and programs/services, including insights of basket analysis, combo meals, purchase occasions, category performance, etc.
- Understand how OBPPC creates value within the customer profit model and develops compelling proposals to the customer and to the System
- Scenario creating to identify the optimum solution across the value creation model
Judgment and Decision Making:
- The position will pioneer system wide thinking and expertise in the area of customer management and shift the dialogue towards value creation
- Develops robust customer plans that will create value and ensures through certain process and routines timely execution of the plans
- Builds robust relationships within the System and with the customers to ensure to optimize the benefits of the new customer model
- Influencing key decision makers and stakeholders to make final decisions (internally, System and customers) in various areas (e.g. capabilities development, new launches in case of OBPPC, new Route To Market, structure etc.)
- Identifies value creation initiatives and connects them with the local strategies and plans.
- Actively involved in the customer BP and ABP for the customer team
- Set ups process and routines internally and with the customers
- Set up a process of sharing best practices
- Works internally with various stakeholders to get proper support and alignment
- Builds a customer and shopper centric culture in the System centric resulting to a new way of doing business with the key customers
Qualifications / Compentencies / Skills:
- Delivers results: takes the acountability, ensuring productive, efficient execution against priorities. Sets streching but realistic goals and removes barriers to ensure top quality results
- Balances Immediate & Long-Term Priorities – Meets critical objectives while considering the impact of those activities on longer-term goals. Translates strategic direction into personal actions/plans.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas – Shares and adopts ideas in and outside the Company. Leverages insights to inform actions or gain support. Embraces change.
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements – Develops ideas and gains others’ commitment. Seizes opportunities that can deliver the greatest value. Promotes an environment of creative thinking and innovation.
- Develops & Inspires Others – Develops others, improving their skills and capabilities. Provides, seeks and accepts feedback. Supports the diverse contribution of others. Engages others through effective and influential communication
- Building Value-Based Relationships: Generating alliances internally and externally by continuously identifying and acting on those things that will create success for the Company and its customers, bottlers, suppliers, communities, and governments.
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Communicating & influencing effectively: Conveying information and ideas in a clear, meaningful, and timely manner; providing information to ensure understanding; solicits input from the audience during the communication.
- Lives TCCC Values & Ethics: Demonstrates the values and ethics of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
Knowledge and Skills:
Customer development: Knowledge of customer profit model and links our portfolio with consumer and shopper need within the customer model to create value for the customer and the System
- Retail Merchandising and Shopper driven Category Management: Knowledge of how to build and implement an effective in-store merchandising program in order to drive increases in consumer purchase.
- Shopper Knowledge: Knowledge of in-store consumer purchasing behaviour in order to develop effective in-store merchandising programs.
- Retailing: Knowledge of the retail industry (retailers, competitors, trends, visual merchandising, and general business environment) related to multiple channels.
- Channels: Knowledge of specific channels of distribution, including competitive set, target consumers and key trends, including the ability to use information in the identification of new opportunities that are aligned with agreed business objectives.
- Portfolio Marketing & Revenue Growth Management: Knowledge of how to build and leverage multiple brands and categories to drive maximum value with the Customer, Shopper and Consumer.
- Consumer Knowledge: Knowledge of making global Brands connect with the consumer for long lasting preference leading to loyal adoption.
- Project Management: Establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; identifies more critical and less critical activities and tasks; effectively allocates time to complete work; coordinates others.
- Winnig and collaborative attititude; work in a new environment with a lot of complexity, diversity and new rules of engagement need to be done; flexibity to identify quick and win-win solutions and passion to create a strong legacy
- Solid understanding of the System (internally and with the Bottlers)
Related Experience Requirements/ Qualifications:
- 7+ years of successfully demonstrated strategy development, customer development, shopper or customer marketing, data analytics, and/or project management skills.
- Proven thought leadership in the ability to properly blend various kinds of analyses and data sources to craft action-oriented recommendations that drive business growth.
- Proven ability to influence people and align resources toward a common strategic goal, leveraging best-in-class approaches and methodologies while fine-tuning them to meet specific customer needs; ability to effectively interact and influence Senior Management.
- Proven ability to lead multiple simultaneous projects with challenging goals and objectives; proven ability to redirect resources according to needs.
- International or multi countries experience is preferred
- University Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Knowledge of French will be considered strong plus
Preferred Qualifications: MBA Preferred.
- Will be exposed and must communicate primarily in English and French
- Must be proficient in social and cultural matters of all the countries in the Business Unit.
- Direct interaction with Bottlers & Customers and their different culture and business backgrounds.
Working Conditions: Professional working conditions, with exposure to security risks when travelling in less secure and/or underdeveloped countries.
Travel Requirements: 30% of time required for travel mostly in Franchise Operations countries but some to the BU
- This is a critical role within the customer engagement model in CEWA and requires a person with solid System understanding, robust analytical and strategic skills, positive and winning attitude strong attitude, and drive to build a shopper culture and ability to work and deliver exceptional results under pressure and complexity.
- This position provides the opportunity for development to gain deep knowledge of the drivers for successful integration of key business processes, consumer marketing-customer development-sales & execution-retailers business, required to secure a “win” with customers that enable the Coca-Cola System to access prestigious store locations linked to priority occasions by delivering transformational activation that creates sustainable System value step-up.
- The position is newly created and requires a winning and changing attitude and set of skill and knowledge, such as: a clear holistic understanding of how our system works, a proven general management background and the ability to move strategic frameworks and principles into tangible actions and capabilities is indispensable.
- The role requires a senior manager with proven track record in managing our business and personal credibility with the senior constituencies that interacts and influences.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.