The Company is a new property venture for Sub-Saharan West Africa established by a long established conglomerate active in diverse sectors in the region, and a real estate private equity platform experienced in Emerging Europe. The Company has identified the opportunity in real estate investment, development and services in Nigeria and possibly neighboring countries in West Africa, and is seeking a General Manager to kick-start the operations based out of Lagos. The position will be reporting directly to the board members appointed by the two shareholders based in Athens and Lagos.
The General Manager is accountable for management and execution of specific real estate projects through the entire life-cycle, mostly aligned by location. This includes all phases of the processes: Pre-Planning, Financial Planning, Project Launch, Lease Transaction, Design and Construction, Change Communication, Project Administration, and all supporting functions.
- Overseeing all aspects of the development and construction for real estate capital projects from inception through closeout, including due diligence, space planning, cost estimating, design, bidding, and construction.
- Establishes project budget, manages project financials and creates work plan/schedule
- Works with the Project Manager to establish project plan and develop due dates, detailed tasks and activities
- Consistently delivers projects on time, on budget and according to Real Estate Services (RES) standards;
- Manages external service providers to deliver the quality and standards outlined in service level agreements
- Informs appropriate parties regarding ongoing project status, coordinates with all sub-team Leaders, and escalates issues as required
- Leads project teams comprised of design and engineering specialists, project manager, internal/external service providers and others a may be necessary
- Manages project resources to prepare required financial documentation processes, from the capital expenditure pre-approval through payment.
- Ensures accuracy of financial data
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key stakeholders
- Provides status on project issues to appropriate management
- Maintains processes and targets established metrics
- Works with project manager to ensure minimal variation across capital plan and capital expenditure program
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Economics, Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration required
- MBA, MSc (program management), professional certification such as PMP is desirable
- 5-10 years of working experience managing large real estate programs (projects that would typically have spanned over 3 years from planning to completion) in a real estate environment which includes all of the following: - Full life cycle design and construction project management, planning through occupancy - Lease negotiation
- Experience gained in emerging markets required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and networking abilities.
- Strong quantitative skills and technical skills.
Method of Application
To Apply: send your resume to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.