Latest Career Opportunity at APM Terminals
Posted on: 29 August, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at APM Terminals
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position of:
- Maximizes resources – equipment and staff - by introducing proper co-ordination skills to ensure that maximum plant and equipment reliability and norms are achieved.
- Conduct, Co-ordinate and pro-actively involves with yearly controls on Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes Spreaders and other equipment.
- Involves its self on all aspects of repairs and maintenance, refurbishments, projects and new equipment to ensure that quality and deadlines are met and in line with budget. Perform other related functions required from time to time such as assistance with major emergency work;
- Encourages, supports and facilitates teamwork and innovative thinking to find best solutions to improve efficiencies and improve availability of Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes Spreaders and other equipment.
- Liaises with maintenance planners and operations for the booking out of the Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes Spreaders and other equipment for examining, repairing, servicing and refurbishments.
- Ensures that work done complies with safety standards and is of a high quality.
- Provide technical specialist support to mechanics and electricians during equipment breakdowns thereby minimizing the impact on the operations.
- Follow up and carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
Who we are looking for
- High school diploma and additional vocational / technical education Trade Test/Certificate /Diploma as Mechanic, Electrical engineering.
- Additional training in both electrical and mechanical fields is preferred.
- Code of practice
- Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes and Spreaders
- 1-5 years experience as Mechanic / Electrician in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants plus shift working experience
Knowledge / Skills:
- Self motivated
- Analytical and systematic
- Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day.
- Requires knowledge of wide range of electrical equipment, industrial control systems, variable drive systems, and mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their controls.
- Requires knowledge and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics, service & parts manuals for various
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about APM TerminalsSimilar Jobs
- Maintenance Manager at Cristabol Services Limited
- Facilities Maintenance Manager at APM Terminals
- Group Business Director at Chisco Group
- Collector at Maersk Line
- Truck Logistics Assistant (Drivers) at KIVIE Integrated Solutions Limited
- Business Development Manager at AFM Recruit
- Sales Representatives at Maersk Line
- Customer Service Executives at a Logistics Company - HR AId