African Development Bank (AfDB) established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the Government is recruiting to fill the below position:
Position N°: NA
The Human Development Department (OSHD) is in charge of the Bank’s interventions in the social sector (including education, health and social protection). The Department carries out its work within the overall goal of poverty reduction and in conformity with established Bank policies and strategies on education, health, and social protection. The Department includes three Divisions: (i) Health, (ii) Education, Science and Technology, and (iii) Poverty Reduction and Social Protection. The OSHD is guided by the Bank’s Human Capital Development Strategy which focuses on increasing competitiveness and employment opportunities; ensuring value for money and accountability for improved service delivery; and ensuring inclusion and social cohesion.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the OSHD.1 and OSHD.3 Division Managers, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide operational support to OSHD.1 and OSHD.3 Division Managers and OSHD Lead Sector Expert;
- Manage each division's database and perform any task related to data entry and analysis as required;
- Manage the electronic data archiving system of the two Divisions (OSHD.1 and OSHD.3) in collaboration with the OSHD.2 Operations Assistant and the OSHD Portfolio Analyst;
- Establish a database to track disbursements, on-going projects, aged projects-related disbursements, problem projects, potential problem projects and those to be supervised;
- Monitor projects to be implemented and those whose last disbursement dates need to be extended;
- Facilitate training on the use of the Bank-wide Project Processing Schedule (BPPS) to ensure teamwork, transparency and accountability in the process of reviewing operations for Bank documents to be submitted to the Board for approval or information;
- Ensure regular information update on projects included in loan programmes;
- Support Division Managers, Lead Sector Experts and OSHD Project Managers in managing OpsCom's schedule and coordinate with teams, as appropriate, including the two regional resource centres and field offices;
- Assist in preparing documents, briefing notes, spreadsheets and correspondence necessary to manage projects / programmes;
- Take notes during meetings, draft correspondence and prepare minutes as requested;
- Coordinate matters related to SAP, BPPS and other information technology aspects with CIMM, and provide assistance to Division Managers, Lead Sector Experts and Project Managers;
- Manage all logistics issues-related to OpsCom's weekly meetings and organize other meetings, appointments, lunches and events to ensure these activities are responsibly managed;
- Perform any other operational support duties requested by OSHD Management; and
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary to Division Managers.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Bachelor degree or its equivalent in public administration, management, Information Technology or related field.
- At least five (5) years relevant practical data management experience, with progressively higher responsibilities in an international organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Sound knowledge of typing and word processing is highly desirable.
- Proven high level initiative, enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s standard software (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point); knowledge of SAP will be an asset.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.