We are currently representing a fast developing E&P organisation with offices in multiple cities in Nigeria, including Lagos and Warri. On the back of recent successes in their assets, they are now seeking to increase their team by identifying a number of professionals who can add expertise in Well Intervention. This is a vacancy for:
This is a permanent opportunity which will see you working from the operations base, in Niger Delta. You will be in charge of putting together the programme and the technical design of the well interventions, as well as managing all aspects of wireline work, continuously providing input on operational performance.
- Nigerian professional, in line with the Nigerian Local Content with more than 5 years of experience spent working in the Oil and Gas Industry, with a Service Company as a Field Engineer/ Field Supervisor
- Additionally, you will ideally have a minimum of 12 months with an E&P during which you have worked as a Well Intervention Engineer
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the areas of: wireline activities( including surveillance, zone change, etc.), Well Test, Coil Tubing, Pumping Activities, Well Surveillance, etc.
- Previous experience running Wireline Operations as a Field Engineer, as well as exposure to supervising teams across Well Intervention.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
go to method of application »
As a result, they are now seeking to identify an individual, who can act as their in-country representative, and whose main focus besides ensuring operations are fully set up, will be to assist in developing a strong business presence by liaising with existing and prospective clients and put together competitive bids.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the set-up of a new in-country entity, organised as a JV between Service Provider and Local Partners
- Actively seek to convert business leads and develop client relations
- Compile and submit competitive bids, to ensure contracts are being awarded
- General liaison with high level stakeholders including: Government and local authorities, as well as partners and suppliers.
- Individual with technical background in Engineering, preferably with a degree in Chemical Engineering, even though Mechanical Engineering would also be accepted
- 5+ years of experience in a technical sales environment with strong knowledge of Oil and Gas EPC, particularly pipelines projects, subsea and offshore design
- Success in acquiring clients and converting business leads
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with fluency in English, and ideally fluency in French or Spanish
Location: whilst the company has exceptional prospects in the entire region, they are now at a final stage in deciding the location or their operational base; possible countries include: Gabon, Cote D’Ivoire, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea or Central African Republic.
go to method of application »
- This is an exciting opportunity to lead the next stage of growth and development of an already established organisation, as its Chief Operating Officer.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, you will essentially act as the second in command and support them in running the day to day operations, as well as driving the growth and expansion in to new markets.
- Regular interface with the board, also means that you will serve as a key member of the senior executive team, being part of the senior decision making process.
As a Power/Utilities expert, you have over 15 years of cumulative experience, that has covered both the technical as well as the commercial/managerial spectrums, giving you an in-depth know-how across: contracting
Specific experience is required across:
- EPC expertise – bringing 15-20 years of experience in contracting, projects and delivery experience, ideally in the power sector.
- Power industry – an understanding of the industry, ideally both network and distribution.
- Commercial skills – a commercial flair for developing business along with financial acumen and negotiating capacity.
- Emerging market exposure – preferably West Africa, but could also be gained from having worked in India/Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe or South America.
- Political skills – government liaison will be important in Nigeria to overcome regulatory hurdles, obtain necessary approvals and persuade and influence key stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial – must fit with the entrepreneurial culture of a high growth company. The individual must be comfortable operating without high degrees of oversight and direction.
Qualifications – a first degree in a technical discipline such as electrical engineering is ideal, with an MBA desirable.
Method of Application
Please remember to add your answers to the following questions, in order to be considered for this role:
- Are you open to work on a residential basis in either one of the above locations?
- How many E&P EPC contracts have you secured in the past? What was their value?
- What is the maximum project value you have secured ?
Please get in touch for more information around this opportunity as well as similar roles. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.